|Seven-Run Eighth Inning Lifts Tigers Over Dukes 9-4 Saturday|
|Saturday, May 3, 2014 7:30 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Pinch-hitter Jon McGibbonJon McGibbon
Sr. 1st Base
#12 6-1, 220
View Full Profile’s one-out single in the eighth inning scored Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile to give Clemson the lead for good in its 9-4 come-from-behind win over James Madison at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers (27-19) won both games of the two-game series against the Dukes (15-29).
James Madison rallied in the top of the eighth inning to score two runs, both on bases-loaded walks with two outs, to take a 3-2 lead. In the bottom of the eighth inning, Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile grounded a one-out single up the middle to plate Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile and tie the score 3-3, then McGibbon came through with a line-drive single off the glove of second-baseman Conner Brown to give Clemson the lead for good. The Tigers added five more runs in the frame with two outs to cap it’s seven-run inning.
Reliever Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile (3-0) earned the win, while starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile allowed just four hits, two runs and one walk with a career-high-tying nine strikeouts in 7.2 innings pitched. He also retired 15 batters in a row from the second inning to the seventh inning. Trent Cundiff (1-2) suffered the loss.
The Tigers face UNLV in a two-game series at two different sites starting Sunday at 2 p.m. at Fluor Field in Greenville, S.C.
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson