|Series Finale in College Park Rained Out|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:27 AM||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. - Due to rain and a soaked playing surface at Bob Smith Stadium, the series finale between No. 20 Clemson and No. 25 Maryland was rained out and will not be made up. Therefore, Clemson wins the series 2-0.
The series finale did get underway Saturday, as there was no score in the top of the second inning. Clemson had runners on first and second with no outs and Shane Kennedy at the plate with a 1-0 count. However, since five innings were not completed, the game and its stats did not count.
It marked the first time since 1999 that Clemson did not play all three games of an ACC regular-season series. That also came at Maryland in College Park, a series Clemson won 2-0.
Clemson returns to action Tuesday at home against Furman at 6:30 p.m.
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- C.J. Spiller will not be returning to the Bills
- Clemson 2015 Pro Day Updates
- Venables: "I would have stayed for a lot less"
- Report: Spiller turned down $4.5 million from Bills
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab
- ESPN ranks Watson #2 intriguing ACC figure