|Series Finale in College Park Rained Out|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:27 AM||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. - Due to rain and a soaked playing surface at Bob Smith Stadium, the series finale between No. 20 Clemson and No. 25 Maryland was rained out and will not be made up. Therefore, Clemson wins the series 2-0.
The series finale did get underway Saturday, as there was no score in the top of the second inning. Clemson had runners on first and second with no outs and Shane Kennedy at the plate with a 1-0 count. However, since five innings were not completed, the game and its stats did not count.
It marked the first time since 1999 that Clemson did not play all three games of an ACC regular-season series. That also came at Maryland in College Park, a series Clemson won 2-0.
Clemson returns to action Tuesday at home against Furman at 6:30 p.m.
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"