|Series Finale in College Park Rained Out|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:27 AM||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. - Due to rain and a soaked playing surface at Bob Smith Stadium, the series finale between No. 20 Clemson and No. 25 Maryland was rained out and will not be made up. Therefore, Clemson wins the series 2-0.
The series finale did get underway Saturday, as there was no score in the top of the second inning. Clemson had runners on first and second with no outs and Shane Kennedy at the plate with a 1-0 count. However, since five innings were not completed, the game and its stats did not count.
It marked the first time since 1999 that Clemson did not play all three games of an ACC regular-season series. That also came at Maryland in College Park, a series Clemson won 2-0.
Clemson returns to action Tuesday at home against Furman at 6:30 p.m.
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson flag flies over US/NATO headquarters in Afghanistan
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- WATCH: Time lapse of LJC Demolition Efforts
- Isaiah Battle prepares for his NFL pro day
- 6 Tigers included in Athlon's Preseason All-Sophomore and All-Rookie Team