|Series Finale in College Park Rained Out|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:27 AM||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. - Due to rain and a soaked playing surface at Bob Smith Stadium, the series finale between No. 20 Clemson and No. 25 Maryland was rained out and will not be made up. Therefore, Clemson wins the series 2-0.
The series finale did get underway Saturday, as there was no score in the top of the second inning. Clemson had runners on first and second with no outs and Shane Kennedy at the plate with a 1-0 count. However, since five innings were not completed, the game and its stats did not count.
It marked the first time since 1999 that Clemson did not play all three games of an ACC regular-season series. That also came at Maryland in College Park, a series Clemson won 2-0.
Clemson returns to action Tuesday at home against Furman at 6:30 p.m.
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement
- Swinney says defense has work to do to "get some guys ready to play"