|Series Finale in College Park Rained Out|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:27 AM||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. - Due to rain and a soaked playing surface at Bob Smith Stadium, the series finale between No. 20 Clemson and No. 25 Maryland was rained out and will not be made up. Therefore, Clemson wins the series 2-0.
The series finale did get underway Saturday, as there was no score in the top of the second inning. Clemson had runners on first and second with no outs and Shane Kennedy at the plate with a 1-0 count. However, since five innings were not completed, the game and its stats did not count.
It marked the first time since 1999 that Clemson did not play all three games of an ACC regular-season series. That also came at Maryland in College Park, a series Clemson won 2-0.
Clemson returns to action Tuesday at home against Furman at 6:30 p.m.
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Future non-conference football opponents for Clemson