|Series Finale in College Park Rained Out|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:27 AM||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. - Due to rain and a soaked playing surface at Bob Smith Stadium, the series finale between No. 20 Clemson and No. 25 Maryland was rained out and will not be made up. Therefore, Clemson wins the series 2-0.
The series finale did get underway Saturday, as there was no score in the top of the second inning. Clemson had runners on first and second with no outs and Shane Kennedy at the plate with a 1-0 count. However, since five innings were not completed, the game and its stats did not count.
It marked the first time since 1999 that Clemson did not play all three games of an ACC regular-season series. That also came at Maryland in College Park, a series Clemson won 2-0.
Clemson returns to action Tuesday at home against Furman at 6:30 p.m.
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Report: Former Clemson WR accepts job at App State
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- Clemson player selected by New York Red Bulls
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec