|Rosters announced for Clemson spring game|
|Friday, April 11, 2014 2:46 PM-||
Clemson, S.C.—Clemson will hold its annual Spring Game on Saturday at 4 p.m. at Memorial Stadium. Admission is free to the game that will conclude Clemson spring practice sessions. Head Coach Dabo Swinney hopes to break the attendance for the Spring Game, which stands at 30,000 last year.
The game will be televised live by ESPNU. It is the first time an ESPN network station has broadcast the Clemson Spring Game live.
Swinney and his coaches divided the team equally for the Orange vs. White contest. Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS So. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile will quarterback the Orange team and will have the services of wide receivers Adam HumphriesAdam Humphries
Sr. Wide Receiver
#13 5-11, 190
View Full Profile, and Demarre KittDemarre Kitt
Fr. Wide Receiver
#8 6-1, 195
View Full Profile, plus running backs Zac BrooksZac Brooks
Jr. Running Back
#24 6-1, 185
View Full Profile and Wayne Gallaman at his disposal. The White squad will be quarterbacked by senior Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile, who will throw to receivers Mike WilliamsMike Williams
So. Wide Receiver
#7 6-5, 205
View Full Profile and Artavis ScottArtavis Scott
Fr. Wide Receiver
#3 5-11, 180
Tarpon Springs, FL
View Full Profile. D.J. HowardD.J. Howard
RS Sr. Running Back
#22 5-11, 195
View Full Profile and C.J. DavidsonC.J. Davidson
RS Jr. Running Back
#32 5-11, 185
View Full Profile will be the White Team running backs.
The Orange defense will be led by returning starters Corey CrawfordCorey Crawford
Sr. Defensive End
#93 6-5, 270
View Full Profile and Josh WatsonJosh Watson
RS Sr. Defensive Tackle
#91 6-4, 285
View Full Profile , while the White defense features returning All-American Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile, and top tackler Stephone AnthonyStephone Anthony
#42 6-2, 235
View Full Profile.
Dan Brooks will serve as the head coach of the Orange Team, while Marion Hobby will be the head coach of the White Team. Offensive coordinator Chad Morris will call the plays for both teams.
The contest will feature four 15-minute quarters. The clock will run in normal fashion for the first two quarters and the first five minutes of the third period. A running time clock will be used for the remainder of the game. There will be no kickoff returns or punt returns.
The Spring Game will be preceded by the fifth annual Clemson Sons Bowl at 1:30 p.m. The flag football game features former Clemson football players in age range from 25-60. Among the former Tigers schedule to play in the game are Homer Jordan, Tye Hill, Patrick Sapp, Will Merritt, Justin Miller, Airese Currie, Leroy HillLeroy Hill
# 6-1, 238
View Full Profile, Charles Hafley and Chris ChancellorChris Chancellor
# 5-9, 163
View Full Profile.
* Parking is free, and will be available in Lot 3A, Lot 4, Lot 5, Lot 6, Lot 8, Lot 10, McFadden Lot, Shot Gun Alley and the streets surrounding Littlejohn Coliseum. Handicap accessible parking will be available in the North Lot (C-7).
* Gates open at 1:00 p.m.
* Enter through Gates 1, 5, 9, 11 or 13
* Seating available in the lower bowl
* Concessions and restrooms will be open throughout the stadium
* First aid stand will be open at Portal T
* Apparel stores open throughout stadium
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll