|Richard hired as assistant director of business operations for Clemson Athletics|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:38 AM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Darryl Richard, a former defensive line standout at Georgia Tech and a member of the New England Patriots, has been hired as assistant director of business operations for the Clemson Athletic Department, director of athletics Dan Radakovich announced today.
Richard graduated from Georgia Tech with Bachelor of Science in Management in just three years, and earned his Master of Business Administration with a concentration in corporate finance and strategic management. After playing in 52 career games and earning 43 starts, Richard was drafted by New England in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft and stayed with the Patriots until being placed on injured reserve in 2010.
“Darryl is a sharp young man and he’s excited to begin his journey into intercollegiate athletics administration,” Radakovich said. “To have a former student-athlete with the experience he has both on the field and in corporate finance is a great positive.”
A native of Destrehan, La., Richard worked at Entergy Corporation in New Orleans since February 2011 as a financial analyst and budget coordinator, where he monitored the target performance of Entergy’s Utility Operations Group operations and maintenance budget in excess of $600 million. He also provided the financial operational analysis and budgeting for several Entergy subsidiaries.
While a student-athlete pursuing his MBA, Richard worked as an analyst for Manhattan Associates in Atlanta. He was a finalist for the Draddy Trophy and earned Academic All-America honors. Richard won the Jim Tatum Trophy given to the top student-athlete in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement