|Notre Dame edges Clemson 2-1 Friday in South Bend|
|Friday, May 9, 2014 10:03 PM-||
SOUTH BEND, IND. - Junior righthander Pat Connaughton pitched 8.0 effective innings to lead Notre Dame to a 2-1 win over No. 24 Clemson at Frank Eck Stadium on Friday night. The Fighting Irish (18-30, 5-20 ACC) took a 1-0 lead in the series and snapped the five game-winning streak by the Tigers (30-20, 12-12 ACC).
Connaughton (2-5) earned the win by allowing just three hits, one run and eight walks with no strikeouts in 8.0 innings pitched. Donnie Hissa recorded three outs in the ninth inning to register his third save of the season. Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (6-5) suffered the loss despite yielding just six hits, two runs and one walk with four strikeouts in 7.0 innings pitched.
After Clemson grounded into an inning-ending 6-4-3 double play with the bases loaded in the top of the third, Kevin DeFilippis drew a one-out walk in the bottom of the third inning and scored on Kyle Richardson's triple to left-center just out of the reach of Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile. Cavan Biggio brought home Richardson on a sacrifice fly. Clemson's lone run came on Boulware's sacrifice fly in the eighth inning.
The series continues Saturday at 2:05 p.m.
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts