|Notre Dame edges Clemson 2-1 Friday in South Bend|
|Friday, May 9, 2014 10:03 PM-||
SOUTH BEND, IND. - Junior righthander Pat Connaughton pitched 8.0 effective innings to lead Notre Dame to a 2-1 win over No. 24 Clemson at Frank Eck Stadium on Friday night. The Fighting Irish (18-30, 5-20 ACC) took a 1-0 lead in the series and snapped the five game-winning streak by the Tigers (30-20, 12-12 ACC).
Connaughton (2-5) earned the win by allowing just three hits, one run and eight walks with no strikeouts in 8.0 innings pitched. Donnie Hissa recorded three outs in the ninth inning to register his third save of the season. Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (6-5) suffered the loss despite yielding just six hits, two runs and one walk with four strikeouts in 7.0 innings pitched.
After Clemson grounded into an inning-ending 6-4-3 double play with the bases loaded in the top of the third, Kevin DeFilippis drew a one-out walk in the bottom of the third inning and scored on Kyle Richardson's triple to left-center just out of the reach of Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile. Cavan Biggio brought home Richardson on a sacrifice fly. Clemson's lone run came on Boulware's sacrifice fly in the eighth inning.
The series continues Saturday at 2:05 p.m.
- Spurrier admits that he pulls for Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Cowherd says Watson should refuse to play for Browns
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- Clemson Depth Chart released for Auburn