|Notre Dame edges Clemson 2-1 Friday in South Bend|
SOUTH BEND, IND. - Junior righthander Pat Connaughton pitched 8.0 effective innings to lead Notre Dame to a 2-1 win over No. 24 Clemson at Frank Eck Stadium on Friday night. The Fighting Irish (18-30, 5-20 ACC) took a 1-0 lead in the series and snapped the five game-winning streak by the Tigers (30-20, 12-12 ACC).
Connaughton (2-5) earned the win by allowing just three hits, one run and eight walks with no strikeouts in 8.0 innings pitched. Donnie Hissa recorded three outs in the ninth inning to register his third save of the season. Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (6-5) suffered the loss despite yielding just six hits, two runs and one walk with four strikeouts in 7.0 innings pitched.
After Clemson grounded into an inning-ending 6-4-3 double play with the bases loaded in the top of the third, Kevin DeFilippis drew a one-out walk in the bottom of the third inning and scored on Kyle Richardson's triple to left-center just out of the reach of Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile. Cavan Biggio brought home Richardson on a sacrifice fly. Clemson's lone run came on Boulware's sacrifice fly in the eighth inning.
The series continues Saturday at 2:05 p.m.
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo