|No. 14 Clemson 7, No. 2 Virginia 1 Final|
|Saturday, April 12, 2014 5:47 PM-||
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. – Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile pitched 7.0 strong innings to lead No. 14 Clemson to a 7-1 win over No. 2 Virginia at UVa Baseball Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers (21-13, 10-6 ACC) evened the series 1-1 against the Cavaliers (29-6, 13-4 ACC), who saw their 13-game home ACC winning streak dating to 2013 come to an end. Virginia’s 16-game overall home winning streak also came to an end, as it fell to 19-2 at UVa Baseball Stadium in 2014.
Gossett (4-0) gave up just five hits, one run and three walks with four strikeouts to earn the win. Cavalier starter Josh Sborz (3-2) suffered the loss despite taking a no-hitter into the sixth inning. It marked just the third time in its 35 games in 2014 that Virginia allowed more than four runs in a game.
The Tigers broke a scoreless tie with three runs in the sixth inning, highlighted by run-scoring singles by Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile and Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile. Clemson added four runs in the seventh inning, capped by Boulware’s two-run homer to left field, his third long ball of the year.
The series concludes Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
- Notre Dame CB on Watson: “I don’t think he’s a top five quarterback"
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- Swinney on ND game: "I couldn't get Jesus tickets"
- WATCH: Clemson vs Notre Dame Hype Video
- WATCH: Kirk Herbstreit breaks down Clemson-ND
- ESPN reporters are All-In on Clemson over ND