|No. 14 Clemson 7, No. 2 Virginia 1 Final|
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. – Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile pitched 7.0 strong innings to lead No. 14 Clemson to a 7-1 win over No. 2 Virginia at UVa Baseball Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers (21-13, 10-6 ACC) evened the series 1-1 against the Cavaliers (29-6, 13-4 ACC), who saw their 13-game home ACC winning streak dating to 2013 come to an end. Virginia’s 16-game overall home winning streak also came to an end, as it fell to 19-2 at UVa Baseball Stadium in 2014.
Gossett (4-0) gave up just five hits, one run and three walks with four strikeouts to earn the win. Cavalier starter Josh Sborz (3-2) suffered the loss despite taking a no-hitter into the sixth inning. It marked just the third time in its 35 games in 2014 that Virginia allowed more than four runs in a game.
The Tigers broke a scoreless tie with three runs in the sixth inning, highlighted by run-scoring singles by Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile and Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile. Clemson added four runs in the seventh inning, capped by Boulware’s two-run homer to left field, his third long ball of the year.
The series concludes Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- ESPN lists Wilkins as a 2017 Heisman candidate
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Virginia Tech announces 'Maroon Effect' for 2017 Clemson-VT
- Clemson starter to miss significant time with injury