|No. 11 Hurricanes Top No. 20 Tigers 5-2|
|Friday, April 25, 2014 9:28 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Junior lefthander Chris Diaz tossed 7.2 strong innings to lead No. 11 Miami (Fla.) to a 5-2 victory over No. 20 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Friday night. The Hurricanes (30-13, 17-5 ACC) took a 1-0 lead in the series against the Tigers (25-17, 12-9 ACC).
Diaz (7-0) allowed just four hits, two unearned runs and three walks with five strikeouts to earn the win. Bryan Garcia pitched 1.1 scoreless innings to record his 12th save of the year. Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (6-4) suffered the loss, as he allowed eight hits, three runs and three walks with six strikeouts in 7.0 innings pitched.
The Hurricanes took a 1-0 lead in the third inning when Ricky Eusebio was hit-by-pitch with the bases loaded and two outs. The Tigers scored two unearned runs in the fifth inning when Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile’s one-hopper to first with two outs was booted, but Miami responded with two runs in the sixth inning, capped by Dale Carey’s run-scoring, safety-squeeze bunt, to take the lead for good. Zack Collins added a two-run homer in the ninth inning.
The series continues Saturday at 7 p.m. on CSS and ESPN3.
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- Former Clemson player makes MLB debut
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs