|No. 11 Hurricanes Top No. 20 Tigers 5-2|
CLEMSON, S.C. – Junior lefthander Chris Diaz tossed 7.2 strong innings to lead No. 11 Miami (Fla.) to a 5-2 victory over No. 20 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Friday night. The Hurricanes (30-13, 17-5 ACC) took a 1-0 lead in the series against the Tigers (25-17, 12-9 ACC).
Diaz (7-0) allowed just four hits, two unearned runs and three walks with five strikeouts to earn the win. Bryan Garcia pitched 1.1 scoreless innings to record his 12th save of the year. Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (6-4) suffered the loss, as he allowed eight hits, three runs and three walks with six strikeouts in 7.0 innings pitched.
The Hurricanes took a 1-0 lead in the third inning when Ricky Eusebio was hit-by-pitch with the bases loaded and two outs. The Tigers scored two unearned runs in the fifth inning when Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile’s one-hopper to first with two outs was booted, but Miami responded with two runs in the sixth inning, capped by Dale Carey’s run-scoring, safety-squeeze bunt, to take the lead for good. Zack Collins added a two-run homer in the ninth inning.
The series continues Saturday at 7 p.m. on CSS and ESPN3.
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State