|No. 11 Hurricanes Top No. 20 Tigers 5-2|
CLEMSON, S.C. – Junior lefthander Chris Diaz tossed 7.2 strong innings to lead No. 11 Miami (Fla.) to a 5-2 victory over No. 20 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Friday night. The Hurricanes (30-13, 17-5 ACC) took a 1-0 lead in the series against the Tigers (25-17, 12-9 ACC).
Diaz (7-0) allowed just four hits, two unearned runs and three walks with five strikeouts to earn the win. Bryan Garcia pitched 1.1 scoreless innings to record his 12th save of the year. Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (6-4) suffered the loss, as he allowed eight hits, three runs and three walks with six strikeouts in 7.0 innings pitched.
The Hurricanes took a 1-0 lead in the third inning when Ricky Eusebio was hit-by-pitch with the bases loaded and two outs. The Tigers scored two unearned runs in the fifth inning when Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile’s one-hopper to first with two outs was booted, but Miami responded with two runs in the sixth inning, capped by Dale Carey’s run-scoring, safety-squeeze bunt, to take the lead for good. Zack Collins added a two-run homer in the ninth inning.
The series continues Saturday at 7 p.m. on CSS and ESPN3.
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- WATCH: Finebaum argues with an Alabama fan that Clemson is #1
- Deshaun Watson will make his MTV debut
- Report: Browns are enamored with Deshaun Watson
- Senator wants new license plate to celebrate Clemson's title
- Watson ranked #1 in ESPN's 2016 Top 50
- WATCH: Fake radio call of Clemson-Ohio State
- Boulware gets National Championship tattoo
- 14K pound National Championship rock to be donated to Swinney
- Jaguars announce Marion Hobby as DL coach