|No. 11 Hurricanes Down No. 20 Clemson 3-2 in 12 Innings|
|Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:16 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Tyler Palmer’s double in the 12th inning scored the go-ahead run to lift #11 Miami (Fla.) to a 3-2 victory over No. 20 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Saturday night. The Hurricanes (31-13, 18-5 ACC) took a 2-0 lead in the series over the Tigers (25-18, 12-10 ACC).
Willie Abreu’s two-out single in the first inning scored Tyler Palmer, then Clemson responded with a run in the third inning on Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile’s one-out single to left field that plated Weston WilsonWeston Wilson
#8 6-3, 195
High Point, NC
View Full Profile to tie the score 1-1. After eight scoreless innings, the Hurricanes scored two runs in the 12th inning, the first on Palmer’s one-out double to left field that scored pinch-runner John Lawroski and the second on Zack Collins’ one-out single to right to plate Palmer.
Thomas Woodrey (3-0) earned the win in relief by pitching a perfect 11th inning, while Bryan Garcia recorded his 13th save of the season. Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile (3-1) suffered the loss. In a no decision, Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile allowed just one run on seven hits in 9.0 innings pitched. He also tied his career high with 13 strikeouts.
The series concludes Sunday at 1 p.m. on CSS and ESPN3.
- Gametime announced for Clemson-Louisville
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Swinney confirms ACL injury for Clemson WR and other injuries
- College GameDay hints at Louisville vs. Clemson
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- ACC announces game times and TV networks
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Georgia Tech
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech