|NC State Takes Series With 7-1 Win Over No. 14 Tigers|
|Monday, April 7, 2014 10:28 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Wolfpack pitchers combined to allow just one of 14 Tiger baserunners to score in NC State’s 7-1 victory over No. 14 Clemson at a wet Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Monday night. The Wolfpack (19-12, 5-10 ACC) won the final two games of the series over the Tigers (20-11, 9-5 ACC).
Freshman Joe O’Donnell (1-0) entered the game in the third inning and allowed just two hits in 4.0 scoreless innings pitched to earn his first career win. Patrick Peterson pitched the final 3.0 innings to record his first save of the year. Tiger starter Clate Schmidt (4-5) suffered the loss.
The Wolfpack scored a run in the first inning and never relinquished the lead. NC State added two unearned runs in the second inning thanks to a costly Tiger error and scored two insurance runs in the ninth inning.
Clemson concludes its six-game homestand Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. against Georgia at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on CSS and ESPN3.
- WATCH: Clemson football players react to CCU's National title
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Clemson donor gives $2.5 million to athletics
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- Photo: Clemson's new Nike Mach Speed Uniforms
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll
- Watson would like to pick the brain of Lebron James
- Fox analyst has Clemson as #1 seed in 2016 CFB playoff
- 3 Tigers named SN's Preseason All-Americans