|NC State Takes Series With 7-1 Win Over No. 14 Tigers|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, April 7, 2014 10:28 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Wolfpack pitchers combined to allow just one of 14 Tiger baserunners to score in NC State’s 7-1 victory over No. 14 Clemson at a wet Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Monday night. The Wolfpack (19-12, 5-10 ACC) won the final two games of the series over the Tigers (20-11, 9-5 ACC).
Freshman Joe O’Donnell (1-0) entered the game in the third inning and allowed just two hits in 4.0 scoreless innings pitched to earn his first career win. Patrick Peterson pitched the final 3.0 innings to record his first save of the year. Tiger starter Clate Schmidt (4-5) suffered the loss.
The Wolfpack scored a run in the first inning and never relinquished the lead. NC State added two unearned runs in the second inning thanks to a costly Tiger error and scored two insurance runs in the ninth inning.
Clemson concludes its six-game homestand Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. against Georgia at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on CSS and ESPN3.
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Mel Kiper's take on Vic Beasley
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains