|NC State Takes Series With 7-1 Win Over No. 14 Tigers|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, April 7, 2014 10:28 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Wolfpack pitchers combined to allow just one of 14 Tiger baserunners to score in NC State’s 7-1 victory over No. 14 Clemson at a wet Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Monday night. The Wolfpack (19-12, 5-10 ACC) won the final two games of the series over the Tigers (20-11, 9-5 ACC).
Freshman Joe O’Donnell (1-0) entered the game in the third inning and allowed just two hits in 4.0 scoreless innings pitched to earn his first career win. Patrick Peterson pitched the final 3.0 innings to record his first save of the year. Tiger starter Clate Schmidt (4-5) suffered the loss.
The Wolfpack scored a run in the first inning and never relinquished the lead. NC State added two unearned runs in the second inning thanks to a costly Tiger error and scored two insurance runs in the ninth inning.
Clemson concludes its six-game homestand Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. against Georgia at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on CSS and ESPN3.
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- Spiller switches jersey number with Saints
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- Former Clemson SG hired by 49ers staff
- Report: Clemson adds Akron to future schedule
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley