|NC State Takes Series With 7-1 Win Over No. 14 Tigers|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, April 7, 2014 10:28 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Wolfpack pitchers combined to allow just one of 14 Tiger baserunners to score in NC State’s 7-1 victory over No. 14 Clemson at a wet Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Monday night. The Wolfpack (19-12, 5-10 ACC) won the final two games of the series over the Tigers (20-11, 9-5 ACC).
Freshman Joe O’Donnell (1-0) entered the game in the third inning and allowed just two hits in 4.0 scoreless innings pitched to earn his first career win. Patrick Peterson pitched the final 3.0 innings to record his first save of the year. Tiger starter Clate Schmidt (4-5) suffered the loss.
The Wolfpack scored a run in the first inning and never relinquished the lead. NC State added two unearned runs in the second inning thanks to a costly Tiger error and scored two insurance runs in the ninth inning.
Clemson concludes its six-game homestand Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. against Georgia at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on CSS and ESPN3.
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson releases 2015 Summer Depth Chart
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies
- Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event