|NC State Takes Series With 7-1 Win Over No. 14 Tigers|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, April 7, 2014 10:28 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Wolfpack pitchers combined to allow just one of 14 Tiger baserunners to score in NC State’s 7-1 victory over No. 14 Clemson at a wet Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Monday night. The Wolfpack (19-12, 5-10 ACC) won the final two games of the series over the Tigers (20-11, 9-5 ACC).
Freshman Joe O’Donnell (1-0) entered the game in the third inning and allowed just two hits in 4.0 scoreless innings pitched to earn his first career win. Patrick Peterson pitched the final 3.0 innings to record his first save of the year. Tiger starter Clate Schmidt (4-5) suffered the loss.
The Wolfpack scored a run in the first inning and never relinquished the lead. NC State added two unearned runs in the second inning thanks to a costly Tiger error and scored two insurance runs in the ninth inning.
Clemson concludes its six-game homestand Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. against Georgia at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on CSS and ESPN3.
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
- Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
- Swinney still waiting on MRI for Watson's knee
- Watson, Beasley injury updates
- ESPN declares 6-day hold for Clemson-SC game
- Swinney on Watson's injury
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
- Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term