|Kennedy’s Double in 11th Lifts No. 20 Tigers Over Panthers 3-2|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Friday, April 18, 2014 9:34 PM||
PITTSBURGH, PA. – Shane KennedyShane Kennedy
#11 6-2, 190
View Full Profile’s two-out double in the 11th inning propelled No. 20 Clemson to a 3-2 win over Pittsburgh at Charles L. Cost Field on Friday night. It was the first-ever meeting between the Tigers (23-14, 11-7 ACC) and Panthers (16-21, 8-11 ACC).
The Panthers scored two runs, both on sacrifice flies, in the first inning to take a 2-0 lead. The Tigers scratched with a run in the fourth inning and tied the score in the seventh inning on Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile’s RBI groundout. Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile led off the 11th with a single, stole second, and scored on Kennedy’s two-out double to right-center on an 0-2 pitch.
Tiger reliever Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile (3-0) earned the win for the Tigers, while Pittsburgh reliever Hobie Harris (3-5) suffered the loss. The series continues Saturday at 3 p.m. on ESPN3.
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Clemson lands JUCO baseball commit