|Kennedy’s Double in 11th Lifts No. 20 Tigers Over Panthers 3-2|
PITTSBURGH, PA. – Shane KennedyShane Kennedy
#11 6-2, 190
View Full Profile’s two-out double in the 11th inning propelled No. 20 Clemson to a 3-2 win over Pittsburgh at Charles L. Cost Field on Friday night. It was the first-ever meeting between the Tigers (23-14, 11-7 ACC) and Panthers (16-21, 8-11 ACC).
The Panthers scored two runs, both on sacrifice flies, in the first inning to take a 2-0 lead. The Tigers scratched with a run in the fourth inning and tied the score in the seventh inning on Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile’s RBI groundout. Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile led off the 11th with a single, stole second, and scored on Kennedy’s two-out double to right-center on an 0-2 pitch.
Tiger reliever Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile (3-0) earned the win for the Tigers, while Pittsburgh reliever Hobie Harris (3-5) suffered the loss. The series continues Saturday at 3 p.m. on ESPN3.
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State
- Rex Ryan jokes about benching his VT players cause of ACC title game
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!