|Kennedy’s Double in 11th Lifts No. 20 Tigers Over Panthers 3-2|
|Friday, April 18, 2014 9:34 PM-||
PITTSBURGH, PA. – Shane KennedyShane Kennedy
#11 6-2, 190
View Full Profile’s two-out double in the 11th inning propelled No. 20 Clemson to a 3-2 win over Pittsburgh at Charles L. Cost Field on Friday night. It was the first-ever meeting between the Tigers (23-14, 11-7 ACC) and Panthers (16-21, 8-11 ACC).
The Panthers scored two runs, both on sacrifice flies, in the first inning to take a 2-0 lead. The Tigers scratched with a run in the fourth inning and tied the score in the seventh inning on Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile’s RBI groundout. Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile led off the 11th with a single, stole second, and scored on Kennedy’s two-out double to right-center on an 0-2 pitch.
Tiger reliever Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile (3-0) earned the win for the Tigers, while Pittsburgh reliever Hobie Harris (3-5) suffered the loss. The series continues Saturday at 3 p.m. on ESPN3.
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Former Clemson LB signs with Patriots