|GT coach calls Clemson a NCAA Tourney team|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:57 PM||
Georgia Tech head coach Brian Gregory was very complimentary of Clemson in his postgame press conference after defeating BC in overtime to face Clemson in the next round of the ACC Tournament.
"You have to play really well because they’re good," Gregory said. "I don’t know how those guys figure stuff out, but that’s, in my opinion, an NCAA Tournament team. How many wins do they have in our league? 10 or 11?.... You win 10 games in this league, you probably can win a couple games in the NCAA Tournament. That’s the way I look at it. I’ve coached in a lot of different leagues, and that’s one thing I would say."
Gregory also said that facing Clemson on Thursday night will be a challenge because of the Tigers' defense and toughness.
"You have to play extremely hard, and you’ve got to have great toughness because that’s how they’re a tough
team," Gregory said. "They defend you well, they rebound the ball well, they have one of the premier players in the league in K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile. They have a hard nosed point guard in Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile, and they have a couple guys off the bench, their second guards have always hurt us. Last game it was who was it? Harrison..... And Nnoko has made as big a jump as a player as anybody in our league. They’ve got all the pieces: They’re big, they’re hard to score on, and they’re efficient on offense. We’re going to have to play a 40 minute, hard nosed, very well executed game."
No. 6 seed Clemson will play No. 11 seed Georgia Tech Thursday night in the second round of the ACC Tournament at approximately 9PM EST.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Ulric Jones apologizes to Watson, Clemson fanbase
- Game Times Announced for Clemson Football's First 3 Games
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds