Clemson team safe after Barcelona attack


by - Assoc. Editor -
    |

Clemson Athletics released a statement on Thursday that the basketball team is safe in Barcelona, Spain after an attack near outside their hotel on Thursday morning.

"We've been in contact with our men's basketball program currently in Barcelona and the entire travel party is safe and secure. Their exhibition game for tonight has been cancelled and the team will return to Clemson as previously scheduled tomorrow morning. Our thoughts are with the people of Barcelona."

Early reports are at least 10 people are injured as a white van jumped a sidewalk and crashed into a crowd at Las Ramblas, a busy tourist spot in the center of downtown Barcelona.

1:00 p.m. ET Update: AP is reporting that local media TV3 says there is up to 13 dead and dozens injured.











Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment
    |
Loading...
Post your comments!

Episode 5: Behind the Scenes with Clemson Football

Isaiah Simmons: Next Man Up

Analyst says Watson 'magic' gives Texans shot at Patriots

Clemson vs. Boston College Prediction

Alabama OT commit: "I love Clemson"

Friday Email Bag

Clemson releases recap video on win over Louisville

WATCH: Clemson still 'most complete team' after losing kicker

Sammy Watkins leaves game with head injury
Sign Up for E-Mail News Alerts
Features
Updates
Daily Digest