|Clemson postgame notes vs. Duke|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:30 AM||
* Clemson lost 63-62 in the ACC Tournament quarterfinals to Duke on Friday, dropping the Tigers to 4-6 all-time in the event against the Blue Devils.
* The Tigers are 20-12 and ranked No. 77 in the unofficial RPI according to WarrenNolan.com and await their Selection Sunday fate. Clemson improved its overall win total by seven in 2013-14, the most wins following a losing season in school history.
* Clemson’s RPI has jumped 110 spots from the final 2012-13 ratings to its current unofficial standing.
* Clemson held Duke to 63 points Friday, its lowest point total since the 59 the Blue Devils posted in a loss to the Tigers on Jan. 11. In fact, Duke’s two lowest point totals this season have come in the two games against Clemson.
* Duke made just 3-of-13 three-pointers Friday and 11 out of 38 in two games against Clemson (.289). The Blue Devils came into the game shooting 39 percent from long distance as a team on the season.
* Clemson has had 12 games decided by five points or less, and has a 6-6 record in that scenario this season.
* Friday’s game was Clemson’s first in the ACC Tournament decided by a single point since the 2007 event when Florida State defeated the Tigers, 67-66, in Tampa, Fla.
* For the first time this season, Clemson lost a game when it shot better than 50 percent from the field. The Tigers made 22-of-43 shots and shot a blistering 67 percent in the second half Friday.
* For only the second time this season, Clemson lost when outscoring its opponent in the paint (30-28).
* Clemson lost the rebound battle by a -9 margin Friday. The Tigers had their biggest rebound advantage of the regular season on Jan. 11 against Duke, a +18 figure.
* The Tigers shot 66.7 percent in the second half, their best percentage for a half since the second half of a win over Virginia on Jan. 12, 2013.
* K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile reached double figures for the 29th time in 32 games, finishing with 10 of his 12 points in the second half Friday.
* McDaniels has 545 points this season, the 12th-best single season total in Clemson history.
* McDaniels extended his streak to 13 games with at least one blocked shot on a first half rejection.
* Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile posted a team-high 13 points, his 19th double figure effort this season. He entered 2013-14 with just four career double figure games.
* Hall posted 24 points in the two games against Duke this season.
* Jordan RoperJordan Roper
#20 5-11, 165
View Full Profile scored double figures for the second time in the last three games, and for the 10th time this season. Roper posted 11 points, all in the first half.
* Roper went 6-for-6 at the free throw line, the most he has made at the charity stripe since an 8-for-8 performance in the third game of the season against South Carolina.
* Roper scored a four-point play in the opening half, the second of the season for the Tigers. Rod Hall had a four-point play at Syracuse on Feb. 9.
* Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 245
View Full Profile scored double figures for the second time in two games this season against Duke, posting 10 points on 5-of-8 field goals.
* Nnoko added eight rebounds and three blocks. In two contests against Duke this season, Nnoko averaged 10 points, 10.5 rebounds and 3.5 blocks per game.
* Nnoko has 58 blocked shots on the season, tied with teammate K.J. McDaniels for fifth-most in Clemson history by a sophomore.
* Damarcus HarrisonDamarcus Harrison
#21 6-4, 200
View Full Profile made a three-point goal in the second half and has made at least one in 10 of Clemson’s last 11 games.
- Clemson vs SC gametime announced
- Deshaun Watson Sunday injury update
- Swinney gives update on Watson on his call-in show
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-SC
- Clemson TE suspended indefinitely
- Clemson-SC game has an official name
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Comedian Kevin Hart coming to Clemson
- Swinney expects Watson to play again this season