|Clemson pitches 1-0 shutout against High Point on Wednesday|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Wednesday, May 7, 2014 9:24 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. - Four righthanders combined to toss a four-hit shutout in No. 24 Clemson's 1-0 win over High Point at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Wednesday night. It was the first meeting between the two schools since 2008, as the Tigers (30-19) improved to 10-0 all-time against the Panthers (25-19). Clemson, who won its fifth game in a row, also reached the 30-win mark for the 40th consecutive season.
Tiger starter Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
So. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 190
View Full Profile (5-6) earned the win by allowing just four hits, no runs and three walks with four strikeouts in 6.0 innings pitched. Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile, Clay BatesClay Bates
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#42 5-11, 180
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile and Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile all pitched a scoreless inning to close out the game, as Campbell recorded his seventh save of the season. Panther starter Jon Carlson (1-1) suffered the loss despite pitching 6.1 strong innings.
Clemson dented the scoreboard in the third inning when Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile led off with a single and scored on Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile's sacrifice fly. The Tigers travel to South Bend, Ind. to take on Notre Dame in a three-game series beginning Friday at 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU.
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec