|Clemson will host Illinois on Sunday|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:47 PM-||
It was announced on Wednesday evening that No. 3 seed Clemson (21-12) will host No. 2 seed Illinois (20-14) at 11 a.m. Sunday in the second round of the NIT Tournament. The game will be televised by ESPN. Clemson will host even though the Tigers are a lower seed because the State Farm Center in Illinois is undergoing a $165 million renovation.
According to Clemson officials, the unusual 11:00 AM start time is a result of the NIT not wanting to go head to head with the NCAA Tournament later in the day.
Clemson defeated Georgia State 78-66 on Tuesday evening to advance to the second round while Illinois defeated Boston University 66-62 on Wednesday.
Game three of the Clemson-FSU baseball series will also be Sunday. First pitch is at 1:00 PM at Doug Kingsmore.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- Renfrow breaks bone in hand playing pickup basketball
- Latest NCAA projection for Clemson
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits