|Clemson will host Illinois on Sunday|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:47 PM-||
It was announced on Wednesday evening that No. 3 seed Clemson (21-12) will host No. 2 seed Illinois (20-14) at 11 a.m. Sunday in the second round of the NIT Tournament. The game will be televised by ESPN. Clemson will host even though the Tigers are a lower seed because the State Farm Center in Illinois is undergoing a $165 million renovation.
According to Clemson officials, the unusual 11:00 AM start time is a result of the NIT not wanting to go head to head with the NCAA Tournament later in the day.
Clemson defeated Georgia State 78-66 on Tuesday evening to advance to the second round while Illinois defeated Boston University 66-62 on Wednesday.
Game three of the Clemson-FSU baseball series will also be Sunday. First pitch is at 1:00 PM at Doug Kingsmore.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- WATCH: Gamecock fan flips the bird after Clemson TD
- ACC announces game time and network for Championship Game
- Spiller takes a jab at the Gamecocks
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner