|Clemson will host Illinois on Sunday|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:47 PM||
It was announced on Wednesday evening that No. 3 seed Clemson (21-12) will host No. 2 seed Illinois (20-14) at 11 a.m. Sunday in the second round of the NIT Tournament. The game will be televised by ESPN. Clemson will host even though the Tigers are a lower seed because the State Farm Center in Illinois is undergoing a $165 million renovation.
According to Clemson officials, the unusual 11:00 AM start time is a result of the NIT not wanting to go head to head with the NCAA Tournament later in the day.
Clemson defeated Georgia State 78-66 on Tuesday evening to advance to the second round while Illinois defeated Boston University 66-62 on Wednesday.
Game three of the Clemson-FSU baseball series will also be Sunday. First pitch is at 1:00 PM at Doug Kingsmore.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies