|Clemson defeats Coastal Carolina 9-6 Tuesday|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:30 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. - Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile and Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile tied their career highs with four hits apiece to lead No. 20 Clemson to a 9-6 win over Coastal Carolina at a chilly Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Tuesday night. It was the first meeting between the Tigers (22-14) and Chanticleers (17-21) since 2012.
Boulware belted a solo homer, his fourth long ball of the year, in the first inning to give the Tigers a 1-0 lead, then the Tigers broke a 1-1 tie with four runs in the third inning, highlighted by Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile's two-run double. Coastal Carolina rallied with three unearned runs on one hit in the top of the sixth inning to tie the score 5-5, but Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile's two-out, run-scoring single in the bottom of the sixth inning gave Clemson the lead for good.
Freshman righthander Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile (2-0) earned the win by tossing 1.1 hitless and scoreless innings in relief. Clay BatesClay Bates
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#42 5-11, 180
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile pitched 2.0 innings to record his first career save. Chanticleer reliever Brock Hunter (0-1) suffered the loss.
The Tigers travel to Pittsburgh this weekend to face the Panthers in the first-ever meeting between the two schools. The series begins Friday at 6 p.m. on ESPN3.
Clemson's next home game is Tuesday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m. against Liberty. Fans can obtain free tickets for the game by filling out a short form on ClemsonTigers.com. The voucher is good for all immediate family members. Forms are also available at the Athletic Ticket Office and at the gates on gameday. Fans not wishing to complete the form can purchase a ticket for $5 by visiting the Athletic Ticket Office or by calling 1-800-CLEMSON beginning Thursday. Season ticket holders will be admitted at no charge whether they participate or not, but their responses would be helpful. All seats for the game are general admission.
Video courtesy of Clemson Athletics
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"