|Clemson Travels to Greensboro for ACC Tournament|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:39 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. - The men's basketball team earned a first-round bye and the No. 6 seed for this week's ACC Tournament and plays the winner of the 11 vs. 14 matchup between Boston College and Georgia Tech on Thursday at 9 p.m. Clemson is coming off a 19-11 regular season record, including a 10-8 mark in ACC games.
No. 6 CLEMSON (19-11, 10-8) vs. No. 11 GEORGIA TECH (15-16, 6-12) or No. 14 BOSTON COLLEGE (8-23, 4-14)
Tipoff: Thursday, March 13 (9 p.m.)
Arena: Greensboro Coliseum (23,500)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN (Dan Shulman-pbp; Sean Farnham-color; Jeannine Edwards-reporter); ACC Network (Tim Brando-pbp; Dan Bonner-color; Debbie Antonelli-reporter)
CU-BC Series W-L record: Clemson leads 11-7
Streak: Clemson won the last meeting
CU-GT Series W-L record: Clemson leads 65-59
Streak: Clemson has won nine straight meetings
• Clemson is 4-0 against the three teams that make up its quarter of the ACC Tournament bracket. The Tigers are 2-0 versus Georgia Tech and won their only meetings against Boston College and No. 3 seed Duke.
• Clemson is the sixth seed for the 10th time in ACC Tournament history. Two of Clemson’s best moments came as the sixth seed; in 1962, the Tigers advanced to the championship and in 1996 upset No. 3 seed North Carolina.
• The Tigers are in search of their 20th win, which would be a school record following a losing season.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile was named first-team All-ACC by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association (ACSMA) Monday, the first such honor for a Clemson player since Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
Forward (2006 - 2009)
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile garnered the accolade in 2010.
• McDaniels was named ACC Defensive Player of the Year by both ACSMA and the league's head coaches Tuesday. The 6-foot-6 wing leads the conference with 2.8 blocked shots per game.
• McDaniels was also named to the U.S. Basketball Writers Association All-District III Team Tuesday.
• Head Coach Brad Brownell has won 32 ACC regular season games at Clemson, most by any coach through four seasons. He also owns the school's best winning percentage versus ACC teams.
• Brownell's teams own the top four scoring defenses in the ACC era (1953-present), including a record mark of 57.6 points per game allowed this season.
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin