|Clemson-SMU Postgame Notes: Clemson leads ACC in FT for first time|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, April 1, 2014 11:30 PM||
* Clemson finished the 2013-14 season with a 65-59 loss to SMU. The Tigers improved their win total by 10 over the previous season, tied for the biggest win improvement from one season to the next in school history.
* The Tigers lost for only the third time this season when leading at halftime. SMU overcame a 13-point deficit, the largest overcome by a Tiger opponent to gain victory this season.
* Clemson’s 23 wins tied for fifth-most in school history for a single season.
* Clemson finished the season with a .744 free throw percentage, and will lead the ACC in the team statistic for the first time in 61 seasons.
* The Tigers’ .744 free throw mark established a school record, besting the .734 figure compiled by the 1981-82 team.
* The Tigers finished the season with 221 blocked shots, second-most in school history behind the 235 compiled by the 1989-90 team.
* Clemson yielded 58.4 points per game to its opponents this season, a school record in the ACC era (1953-present).
* Clemson held opponents to a .285 figure from three-point range, the best figure for a single season in school history. The previous best was .294 in 2009-10.
* K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile posted double figures for the 33rd time in 36 games this season. He finished with 11 on Tuesday.
* McDaniels finished the season with 614 points, sixth-most in Clemson history.
* McDaniels blocked three shots Tuesday, extending his streak of consecutive games with at least one to 18.
* McDaniels finished the season with 100 blocks, only the third different Tiger to reach the century mark for a season. Tree Rollins and Sharone WrightSharone Wright
Center (1991 - 1994)
#34 6-11, 260
View Full Profile, both centers, were the others.
* With three blocked shots, McDaniels passed Sharrod FordSharrod Ford
#5 6-9, 223
View Full Profile for seventh on Clemson’s career list with 178.
* McDaniels tallied two dunks and finished the season with 58, third-most in school history for a single season.
* McDaniels played 1,212 minutes this season, second-most in a season in Clemson history. Only Terrell McIntyreTerrell McIntyre
Guard (1995 - 1998)
#5 5-9, 185
View Full Profile played more minutes with 1,250 as a senior in 1998-99.
* McDaniels made 154 free throws in 2013-14, fifth-most in a single season in Clemson history.
* Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile scored a team-high 18 points Tuesday, his second-best point total of the 2013-14 season.
* Hall hit 3-of-4 from three-point distance. It was a career-high in terms of makes from beyond the arc for the Tiger junior.
* Hall made all seven of his free throw attempts, and finished the season with a .757 figure at the stripe. He entered his junior season with a career .596 figure.
* Hall played 1,194 minutes – fourth-most in a single season in Clemson history.
* Hall’s 143 assists were the most by a Tiger since Cliff Hammonds posted 147 in 2006-07.
* Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 245
View Full Profile blocked multiple shots for the eighth consecutive game. He finished with two on the night and 69 for the season.
* Nnoko scored 10 points Tuesday and reached double figures 10 times as a sophomore.
* Damarcus HarrisonDamarcus Harrison
#21 6-4, 200
View Full Profile registered double figures for the eighth time in the final 12 games of the season, finishing with 10 points Tuesday.
* Harrison made a pair of three-pointers and led Clemson for the season with a .350 figure, given a minimum of 50 attempts.
* Austin AjukwaAustin Ajukwa
#1 6-5, 190
View Full Profile made a three-pointer in eight minutes Tuesday. He finished the season with at least one three in five of Clemson’s last seven games.
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"