|Clemson vs. NC State Game Notes|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:33 PM||
* Clemson defeated NC State on Tuesday, 73-56, to move to 16-9 overall and 7-6 in the ACC.
* Clemson’s 73 points were its most against an ACC team this season, passing the 72 scored in a win over Duke on Jan. 11.
* The 73 points were the most scored by the Tigers since the 2012-13 team posted 77 in a win over Virginia Tech.
* Clemson blocked nine shots Tuesday, its most since posting 10 against Wake Forest on Jan. 18.
* The Tiger defense held NC State to 56 points, 15 below the Wolfpack’s average entering the contest.
* Clemson added six steals defensively, matching its season-high against an ACC team.
* Clemson’s 17-point margin of victory Tuesday was its largest in an ACC game since a 19-point win over Georgia Tech on Feb. 21, 2012.
* Clemson overcame a one-point halftime deficit Tuesday, the fourth halftime deficit the Tigers have overcome in a victory this season. It is the most halftime rallies since the 2008-09 team also overcame four deficits after 20 minutes.
* The Tigers achieved their seventh ACC win on Feb. 18, the earliest calendar date since the 2008-09 season (Feb. 17) that Clemson notched a seventh league win.
* Clemson made 22-of-26 (.846) at the free throw line Tuesday, the second straight game the Tigers shot over 80 percent at the charity stripe.
* Clemson’s 41 points in the second half matched the team’s season-high against an ACC team this season; the Tigers also had 41 in the second half of the Jan. 11 win over Duke.
* One game after suffering a season-low -13 rebound margin, Clemson won the battle on the glass 31-24 over NC State. The +7 figure was Clemson’s best since the Duke game.
* K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile scored double figures for the 22nd time this season. He finished with 12 points, but added six blocked shots defensively.
* McDaniels now has 72 blocked shots this season, just six shy of tying both Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
Forward (2006 - 2009)
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile (2006-07) and Jerai GrantJerai Grant
Forward (2007 - 2010)
#45 6-8, 230
View Full Profile (2010-11) for the 10th-best single-season mark in school history.
* Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile scored double figures for the 13th time this season, and second time in the last three games. He finished with a career-high 20 points.
* Hall recorded the highest perfect game of his career (8-for-8) from the free throw line.
* Damarcus HarrisonDamarcus Harrison
#21 6-4, 200
View Full Profile scored 14 points Tuesday, his highest effort since posting 20 against Davidson in the Charleston Classic on Nov. 22.
* It was Harrison’s first double figure effort in the scoring column since the Arkansas game on Dec. 7.
* Harrison drained his first three-point attempt Tuesday. He has made at least one long ball in four straight games, a career-long streak for the junior.
* Adonis FilerAdonis Filer
#3 6-2, 190
View Full Profile made a pair of three-point buckets Tuesday, his first game with multiple threes since the game at North Carolina on Jan. 26.
* Jaron BlossomgameJaron Blossomgame
RS Fr. Forward
#5 6-7, 215
View Full Profile made his eighth three-pointer of the season Tuesday in the second half. He posted all seven of his points after halftime.
* Sidy DjitteSidy Djitte
#50 6-10, 240
View Full Profile earned his first start of his career at the center position. Djitte took his second charge of the season in the second half.
* Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 245
View Full Profile returned to action after missing Saturday’s against Virginia with the flu. He posted nine points, six rebounds and three blocks in 29 minutes.
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Fans boo Booker hoping for free chicken sandwiches
- WATCH: Swinney video-bombs interview with Artavis Scott