Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Georgia
The Tigers host Georgia on Wednesday night in the conclusion of the home-and-home season series with the Bulldogs.
• Who - Georgia (15-22) vs. Clemson (30-7)
• Rankings - UGA - NR; CU - No. 5 BA, No. 5 CB, No. 4 USA
• When - Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers - Marty Clary, Pete Yanity
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Overall Record - Georgia leads 122-107-2 (1900-2017)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 56-50-2 (1901-2016)
• LHP Kevin Smith (UGA) vs. RHP Tyler Jackson (CU)
• Clemson won one of three games at No. 25 Florida State from Saturday to Monday and suffered its first back-to-back losses of 2017.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.5 runs per game and hitting .283 with a .390 on-base percentage and 37 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.02 ERA, .240 opponents’ batting average and 3.89 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .969.
• Georgia is led by fourth-year head coach Scott Stricklin.
• Arkansas swept the Bulldogs in three games last weekend. They are hitting .262 and have a 4.94 ERA and .953 fielding percentage.
• Michael Curry is hitting .348 with eight homers and 38 RBIs, while Cam Shepherd is batting .325 with two home runs and 16 RBIs.
• Clemson defeated Georgia 4-0 in Athens on April 4 behind 7.2 scoreless innings pitched by Tyler Jackson and Chris Williams’ two-run homer.
• On Sunday and Monday at Florida State, Clemson suffered its first back-to-back losses in a season since April 23,24, 2016 (Georgia Tech).
• A total of 13 different Tigers have started at least 10 games in the batting order in 2017.
• A large part of Monte Lee’s 73.3 winning percentage as Clemson’s head coach is due to its midweek success.
• Clemson is 10-0 in midweek games in 2017 after going 13-1 in midweek games in 2016, meaning the Tigers are 23-1 in midweek games under Lee.
• Clemson is 14-1 in home midweek games, 7-0 in road midweek games and 1-0 in neutral-site midweek games under Lee.
• Lee's only midweek loss as head coach of the Tigers came against College of Charleston on May 11, 2016.