|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. App State & Notes|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:55 PM||
• Who - Appalachian State (4-11 entering Tuesday’s game against Notre Dame) at Clemson (9-5)
• Rankings - CU - No. 14 BA, No. 18 USA
• When - Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, SC (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (104.9 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youth) for $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 18-2 (1973-97)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 16-2 (1973-97)
• RHP Sean Mason (ASU) vs. LHP Zack ErwinZack Erwin
So. LH Pitcher
#33 6-4, 180
View Full Profile (CU)
• Clemson is fresh off a three-game sweep of Virginia Tech at home by a combined score of 30-12. The Tigers hit .324 in the series.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.3 runs per game and hitting .309 with a .374 on-base percentage and 27 steals this season.
• The pitching staff has a 4.46 ERA, .262 opponents’ batting average, 2.59 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .955 fielding percentage.
APPALACHIAN STATE OVERVIEW
• Appalachian State is led by second-year Head Coach Billy Jones.
• The Mountaineers swept UNC Asheville last weekend. Entering Tuesday’s game, they are hitting .207 with a 4.34 ERA and .953 fielding mark.
• Dillon Dobson is hitting a team-high .328 with five doubles, one triple, two homers, 10 RBIs, and two steals in 15 games.
• Clemson entered the week leading the ACC in batting average (.309), 20 points ahead of second-place Florida State (.289).
• In 119 innings, Tiger leadoff batters have reached 58 times (49 percent). Clemson is also hitting .330 with runners in scoring position.
• Three Tigers, Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile (15), Tyler SlatonTyler Slaton
#18 5-7, 200
View Full Profile (11), and Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile (11), are on current double-digit hitting streaks.
• A total of four different Tigers have had double-digit hitting streaks during the 2014 season. Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile had a 10-game hitting streak.
• Clemson is tied for first place with N.C. State in the ACC Atlantic Division standings with a 3-0 league record.
• In the overall ACC standings, Clemson is tied for first place with Miami (FL) and N.C. State.
• Senior infielder Steve Wilkerson is hitting .342 with three doubles, one triple, one homer, and seven RBIs.
• He has hit safely in all 11 of his games in 2014.
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Baseball Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|