|Clemson 3, Maryland 1 Friday - Game 1|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, March 28, 2014 5:38 PM||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. - Shane KennedyShane Kennedy
#11 6-2, 190
View Full Profile went 4-for-4 with a homer and the go-ahead, run-scoring triple in the ninth inning to lead No. 20 Clemson to a 3-1 win over No. 25 Maryland at Bob Smith Stadium in the first game of a doubleheader Friday afternoon. The Tigers (16-9, 7-3 ACC) took a 1-0 lead in the series over the Terrapins (16-7, 5-5 ACC).
Kennedy's solo homer in the second inning was the game's lone run until pinch-hitter Michael Montville hit a solo home run in the eighth inning to tie the score. But Kennedy came through with a triple in the ninth inning to score Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile and later came home on Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile's sacrifice fly.
Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (3-0) pitched 8.0 strong innings to earn the win. He gave up eight hits, one run, and one walk with six strikeouts. Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile recorded his fifth save of the year. Reliever Brandon Casas (0-1) suffered the loss for Maryland.
The two teams play the second game of the doubleheader Saturday at approximately 6 p.m.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies