|Clemson 3, Maryland 1 Friday - Game 1|
|by TigerNet Staff - Friday, March 28, 2014 5:38 PM||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. - Shane KennedyShane Kennedy
#11 6-2, 190
View Full Profile went 4-for-4 with a homer and the go-ahead, run-scoring triple in the ninth inning to lead No. 20 Clemson to a 3-1 win over No. 25 Maryland at Bob Smith Stadium in the first game of a doubleheader Friday afternoon. The Tigers (16-9, 7-3 ACC) took a 1-0 lead in the series over the Terrapins (16-7, 5-5 ACC).
Kennedy's solo homer in the second inning was the game's lone run until pinch-hitter Michael Montville hit a solo home run in the eighth inning to tie the score. But Kennedy came through with a triple in the ninth inning to score Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile and later came home on Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile's sacrifice fly.
Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (3-0) pitched 8.0 strong innings to earn the win. He gave up eight hits, one run, and one walk with six strikeouts. Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile recorded his fifth save of the year. Reliever Brandon Casas (0-1) suffered the loss for Maryland.
The two teams play the second game of the doubleheader Saturday at approximately 6 p.m.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
- Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
- Watson, Beasley injury updates
- Swinney still waiting on MRI for Watson's knee
- ESPN declares 6-day hold for Clemson-SC game
- Swinney on Watson's injury
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
- Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term