|Bulldogs Strike Early to Top No. 14 Tigers|
|Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:39 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. - Hunter Cole went 3-for-5 with a homer and four RBIs to lead Georgia to a 6-2 win over No. 14 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Tuesday night. The Bulldogs (19-13-1) evened the home-and-home series with the Tigers (20-12), who defeated Georgia 16-4 in Athens on March 25. Each of the last seven meetings in the series from 2011-14 have been won by the visiting team.
Senior lefthander Patrick Boling (3-2) earned the win by tossing a career-long 7.2 innings. He gave up just five hits, two runs (one earned) and three walks with six strikeouts. Tiger starter Brody KoernerBrody Koerner
So. RH Pitcher
#19 6-1, 205
View Full Profile (0-1) suffered the loss.
The Bulldogs scored a run in the first inning on Cole's solo homer and added four runs in the second inning thanks to two, two-out, two-run hits by Cole and Nelson Ward. The Tigers scratched with a run in the third inning on Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile's two-out single that scored Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile and scored their other run in the eighth inning.
Clemson travels to Charlottesville, Va. to take on No. 2 Virginia in a three-game series starting Friday at 6 p.m.
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team