|Baseball: Clemson 5 Georgia Southern 4 Final|
Leggett Earns 900th Victory at Clemson in No. 13 Tigers’ 5-4 Win at Georgia Southern Wednesday
STATESBORO, GA. – Tyler Slaton’s two-run homer in the fourth inning gave the Tigers a 5-4 lead, the eventual final score in No. 13 Clemson’s 5-4 win over Georgia Southern at J.I. Clements Stadium Wednesday afternoon. The win was the 900th for Jack Leggett as head coach at Clemson. The Tigers (13-7) evened the two-game, midweek series against Georgia Southern (17-5).
The back-and-forth game saw the Eagles take a 1-0 lead in the first inning, then Clemson scored two unearned runs on a two-out error in the second inning. The Eagles regained the lead with two runs in the third inning before Slaton’s second long ball of the season gave Clemson the lead in the fourth inning.
Freshman righthander Drew Moyer (1-0) earned his first career victory by pitching 4.0 scoreless innings in relief of two-hit ball. Matt Campbell pitched a scoreless ninth inning to record his fourth save of the season. Eagle reliever Eric Alonzo (2-2) suffered the loss.
Clemson returns home to face top-ranked Florida State this weekend in a three-game series starting Friday at 6:30 p.m. The game can be viewed on ESPN3.
R H E Clemson 5 6 1 Georgia Southern 4 6 1
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- WATCH: Finebaum argues with an Alabama fan that Clemson is #1
- OSU QB on losing to Clemson: "I know what happened"
- WATCH: Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long warn Cowherd about Clemson fans
- Deshaun Watson will make his MTV debut
- Report: Browns are enamored with Deshaun Watson
- Senator wants new license plate to celebrate Clemson's title
- Three former Tigers headed to Super Bowl
- 14K pound National Championship rock to be donated to Swinney
- Watson ranked #1 in ESPN's 2016 Top 50