|Baseball: Clemson 5 Georgia Southern 4 Final|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:34 PM||
Leggett Earns 900th Victory at Clemson in No. 13 Tigers’ 5-4 Win at Georgia Southern Wednesday
STATESBORO, GA. – Tyler Slaton’s two-run homer in the fourth inning gave the Tigers a 5-4 lead, the eventual final score in No. 13 Clemson’s 5-4 win over Georgia Southern at J.I. Clements Stadium Wednesday afternoon. The win was the 900th for Jack Leggett as head coach at Clemson. The Tigers (13-7) evened the two-game, midweek series against Georgia Southern (17-5).
The back-and-forth game saw the Eagles take a 1-0 lead in the first inning, then Clemson scored two unearned runs on a two-out error in the second inning. The Eagles regained the lead with two runs in the third inning before Slaton’s second long ball of the season gave Clemson the lead in the fourth inning.
Freshman righthander Drew Moyer (1-0) earned his first career victory by pitching 4.0 scoreless innings in relief of two-hit ball. Matt Campbell pitched a scoreless ninth inning to record his fourth save of the season. Eagle reliever Eric Alonzo (2-2) suffered the loss.
Clemson returns home to face top-ranked Florida State this weekend in a three-game series starting Friday at 6:30 p.m. The game can be viewed on ESPN3.
R H E Clemson 5 6 1 Georgia Southern 4 6 1
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Photo: Black Bear seen on Clemson's Campus
- Swinney releases statement on Palmetto Family Council invite
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Clemson releases 2015 Summer Depth Chart
- ESPN discusses Watson's Heisman odds
- Vic Beasley could miss start of OTAs
- Updated NCAA Tournament Projection for Clemson
- Former Clemson Basketball Coach Passes Away
- Muse cleared to play for the Gastonia Grizzlies
- Swinney says he will not attend Palmetto Family Council event