|Baseball: Clemson 4 Winthrop 2 Final|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The No. 15 Clemson Tigers scored four runs in the fifth inning to defeat Winthrop 4-2 Wednesday night at Doug Kingsmore Stadium. The Tigers (19-9), who won their fifth game in a row, recorded the victory over the Eagles (14-17), led by former Clemson Assistant Coach Tom Riginos (2003-10).
Starter Clate SchmidtClate Schmidt
So. RH Pitcher
#32 6-1, 190
View Full Profile (4-4) earned the win by allowing just four hits, one run and one walk with four strikeouts in 5.1 innings pitched. Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile registered his sixth save of the year by pitching the ninth inning. Winthrop starter Zach Sightler (2-2) suffered the loss despite pitching 4.0 scoreless innings to start the game.
The Tigers scored the game's first runs in the fifth inning after Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile led off by reaching on a costly Eagle error. Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile's double set up Shane KennedyShane Kennedy
#11 6-2, 190
View Full Profile's sacrifice fly to open the scoring, then Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile capped the inning with a two-out, two-run single.
Clemson has two days off before hosting NC State in a three-game series from Saturday to Monday. Saturday's game at 1 p.m. will be televised by RSN.
Video courtesy of Clemson Athletics
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- C.J. Spiller signs with AFC team
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Clemson Tiger Paw at 2017 Daytona 500
- Photo: Billboard tribute for Bert Henderson
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson documentary "One Shot"
- Clemson statement on search for Bert Henderson