|Baseball: Clemson 16 Wake 6 Final (Game 1)|
|Saturday, March 15, 2014 4:14 PM-||
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Clemson jumped out to a 9-1 lead in the fifth inning and held on for a 16-6 victory over Wake Forest at Wake Forest Baseball Park in the first game of a doubleheader Saturday. The Tigers (11-6, 4-1 ACC) evened the series 1-1 against the Demon Deacons (13-7, 3-2 ACC).
Every Tiger starter had at least one hit by the fifth inning, as Clemson totaled 18 hits in all. Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile led the way by going 3-for-4 with three RBIs. Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile and Tyler SlatonTyler Slaton
#18 5-7, 200
View Full Profile, who went 3-for-6 with his first career long ball and four RBIs, both added home runs as part of Clemson's six-run ninth inning.
Starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (4-1) earned the win by tossing 5.0 innings with four strikeouts, while Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile recorded his first career save. Demon Deacon starter John McLeod (2-1) suffered the loss.
Game 2 of the doubleheader and series finale starts at approximately 4:50 p.m. Saturday.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Martavis Bryant to coach high school football
- Finebaum would want his son to play for Dabo Swinney
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- WATCH: Wilkins catches a pass while riding a bicycle
- WATCH: Mike Williams Returns From Neck Injury To Be Difference Maker