|Baseball: Clemson 16 Wake 6 Final (Game 1)|
|Saturday, March 15, 2014 4:14 PM-||
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Clemson jumped out to a 9-1 lead in the fifth inning and held on for a 16-6 victory over Wake Forest at Wake Forest Baseball Park in the first game of a doubleheader Saturday. The Tigers (11-6, 4-1 ACC) evened the series 1-1 against the Demon Deacons (13-7, 3-2 ACC).
Every Tiger starter had at least one hit by the fifth inning, as Clemson totaled 18 hits in all. Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile led the way by going 3-for-4 with three RBIs. Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile and Tyler SlatonTyler Slaton
#18 5-7, 200
View Full Profile, who went 3-for-6 with his first career long ball and four RBIs, both added home runs as part of Clemson's six-run ninth inning.
Starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (4-1) earned the win by tossing 5.0 innings with four strikeouts, while Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile recorded his first career save. Demon Deacon starter John McLeod (2-1) suffered the loss.
Game 2 of the doubleheader and series finale starts at approximately 4:50 p.m. Saturday.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson