|Baseball: Clemson 12 Virginia Tech 2 Final|
Clemson, SC - The #15 Clemson Tigers scored all 12 runs in the first four innings to defeat Virginia Tech 12-2 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The Tigers took a 2-0 lead in the series and improved to 8-5 overall (2-0 ACC) on the season, while the Hokies dropped to 6-6 (0-2 ACC). Clemson also upped its home winning streak over the Hokies to 16 dating to 1984.
The Tigers scored four runs thanks in large part to two costly Hokie errors in the second inning, then put the game out of reach with three runs in the third and four runs in the fourth on Weston WilsonWeston Wilson
#8 6-3, 195
High Point, NC
View Full Profile's grand slam, Clemson's first since March 9, 2013 when Thomas BrittleThomas Brittle
Outfielder (2011 - 2013)
#4 5-8, 180
View Full Profile belted a grand slam at N.C. State.
Clemson totaled 12 hits in the game, led by Wilson. The freshman went 3-for-4 with a grand slam, five RBIs, two runs, and a walk, while Jon McGibbonJon McGibbon
Sr. 1st Base
#12 6-1, 220
View Full Profile added a long home run.
Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (3-1) earned the win, as he allowed just five hits, two runs (one earned), and one walk with two strikeouts in 6.0 innings pitched. Virginia Tech starter Kit Scheetz (1-1) suffered the loss.
Clemson and Virginia Tech play game-three of the three-game series on Sunday at 1:00 PM. The game will be available on ESPN3. Fans can get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youths) for $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate. It is also Social Sunday, as fans who show their coupon on Twitter or Instagram at @ClemsonBaseball can buy $2 funnel cake fries.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the 2017 National Championship
- Clemson blanks Boston College