|Baseball: Clemson 12 Virginia Tech 2 Final|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Saturday, March 8, 2014 4:06 PM||
The Tigers scored four runs thanks in large part to two costly Hokie errors in the second inning, then put the game out of reach with three runs in the third and four runs in the fourth on Weston WilsonWeston Wilson
#8 6-3, 195
High Point, NC
View Full Profile's grand slam, Clemson's first since March 9, 2013 when Thomas BrittleThomas Brittle
Outfielder (2011 - 2013)
#4 5-8, 180
View Full Profile belted a grand slam at N.C. State.
Clemson totaled 12 hits in the game, led by Wilson. The freshman went 3-for-4 with a grand slam, five RBIs, two runs, and a walk, while Jon McGibbonJon McGibbon
Sr. 1st Base
#12 6-1, 220
View Full Profile added a long home run.
Tiger starter Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (3-1) earned the win, as he allowed just five hits, two runs (one earned), and one walk with two strikeouts in 6.0 innings pitched. Virginia Tech starter Kit Scheetz (1-1) suffered the loss.
Clemson and Virginia Tech play game-three of the three-game series on Sunday at 1:00 PM. The game will be available on ESPN3. Fans can get a Family Four Pack of tickets (two adults, two youths) for $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate. It is also Social Sunday, as fans who show their coupon on Twitter or Instagram at @ClemsonBaseball can buy $2 funnel cake fries.
If you can't see the PDF below, click here to open it.
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Report: Former Clemson DT to sign with Bears