|ACC official on last second shot by Pitt|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:09 PM||
Officials took several minutes reviewing Josh Newkirk's shot at the end of regulation and decided there wasn't indisputable evidence to rule it came after time ran out.
ACC official Les Jones – while not available to the media after the game - did tell Clemson’s Sports Information department that the call was a judgment call and not open to interpretation. According to Jones, while one clock and video showed the balls still in Newkirk’s hand after time had elapsed, the clock on the other end of the court showed one-tenth of a second, and the officials allowed the shot to stand.
Clemson was outscored 16-11 in overtime and lost the game 83-78.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson vs SC gametime announced
- Clemson-SC game has an official name
- Deshaun Watson Sunday injury update
- Swinney gives update on Watson on his call-in show
- Vegas Odds for Clemson-SC
- Clemson TE suspended indefinitely
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Comedian Kevin Hart coming to Clemson
- Morris on playing Watson against South Carolina