|ACC Launches New Brand|
|Press Release - Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:02 AM||
GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference launched its new brand on Thursday in preparation for its 62nd year of athletic competition. The new mark reflects the ACC’s future while maintaining a strong sense of the league’s proud heritage and tradition.
“The ACC is well-positioned for many future successes and we are pleased with our new branding that reflects our limitless potential,” Commissioner John Swofford said. “The new, contemporary look modernizes and energizes the ACC mark, and, at the same time, still reflects the league’s history and rich tradition.”
The new mark will be used in association with each of the ACC’s 27 sponsored sports. It was designed in partnership with SME, which has worked closely with the conference on multiple projects and successfully led major rebranding of numerous sports organizations. The ACC and SME gathered input from member institutions, alumni and fans in creating the new design.
Similar to primary logos of previous years, “ACC” lettering serves as the new mark’s centerpiece. Set in a custom-designed font created specifically for the league, the logo leans forward toward the conference’s ever-present goal of excellence. The lettering is accentuated by a bold, silver underline that symbolizes the ACC’s journey toward a bright future.
The new mark’s versatility will allow it to be displayed in the school colors of each of the ACC’s 15 member institutions. Fans will see the logo on display via many applications – team uniforms, merchandise, facilities and digital platforms such as websites, social media and television.
“With the recent expansion of our league and the addition of Louisville on July 1, it seemed a natural time to update our brand,” Swofford said. “We feel that it well represents the high standard and values the ACC has held for more than 61 years.”
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- WATCH: Clemson Players go Nuts for Amazing Deshaun Watson TD
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI