|ACC Launches New Brand|
|Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:02 AM-||
GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference launched its new brand on Thursday in preparation for its 62nd year of athletic competition. The new mark reflects the ACC’s future while maintaining a strong sense of the league’s proud heritage and tradition.
“The ACC is well-positioned for many future successes and we are pleased with our new branding that reflects our limitless potential,” Commissioner John Swofford said. “The new, contemporary look modernizes and energizes the ACC mark, and, at the same time, still reflects the league’s history and rich tradition.”
The new mark will be used in association with each of the ACC’s 27 sponsored sports. It was designed in partnership with SME, which has worked closely with the conference on multiple projects and successfully led major rebranding of numerous sports organizations. The ACC and SME gathered input from member institutions, alumni and fans in creating the new design.
Similar to primary logos of previous years, “ACC” lettering serves as the new mark’s centerpiece. Set in a custom-designed font created specifically for the league, the logo leans forward toward the conference’s ever-present goal of excellence. The lettering is accentuated by a bold, silver underline that symbolizes the ACC’s journey toward a bright future.
The new mark’s versatility will allow it to be displayed in the school colors of each of the ACC’s 15 member institutions. Fans will see the logo on display via many applications – team uniforms, merchandise, facilities and digital platforms such as websites, social media and television.
“With the recent expansion of our league and the addition of Louisville on July 1, it seemed a natural time to update our brand,” Swofford said. “We feel that it well represents the high standard and values the ACC has held for more than 61 years.”
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs