|ACC Launches New Brand|
GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference launched its new brand on Thursday in preparation for its 62nd year of athletic competition. The new mark reflects the ACC’s future while maintaining a strong sense of the league’s proud heritage and tradition.
“The ACC is well-positioned for many future successes and we are pleased with our new branding that reflects our limitless potential,” Commissioner John Swofford said. “The new, contemporary look modernizes and energizes the ACC mark, and, at the same time, still reflects the league’s history and rich tradition.”
The new mark will be used in association with each of the ACC’s 27 sponsored sports. It was designed in partnership with SME, which has worked closely with the conference on multiple projects and successfully led major rebranding of numerous sports organizations. The ACC and SME gathered input from member institutions, alumni and fans in creating the new design.
Similar to primary logos of previous years, “ACC” lettering serves as the new mark’s centerpiece. Set in a custom-designed font created specifically for the league, the logo leans forward toward the conference’s ever-present goal of excellence. The lettering is accentuated by a bold, silver underline that symbolizes the ACC’s journey toward a bright future.
The new mark’s versatility will allow it to be displayed in the school colors of each of the ACC’s 15 member institutions. Fans will see the logo on display via many applications – team uniforms, merchandise, facilities and digital platforms such as websites, social media and television.
“With the recent expansion of our league and the addition of Louisville on July 1, it seemed a natural time to update our brand,” Swofford said. “We feel that it well represents the high standard and values the ACC has held for more than 61 years.”
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State