· Today's score differential of 35 points is the largest margin of victory in a Clemson-Wake Forest contest since the 2000 season when the Tigers defeated the Demon Deacons by a score of 55-7 at Death Valley. It was the second straight game between the two teams at Death Valley that the Tigers have beaten Wake Forest by at least 34 points.
· With C.J. Spiller's 66-yard rushing touchdown at 3:37 in second quarter, he became the first ACC player in history to go over 6,000 career yards. He is also only the 27th player in NCAA FBS history to reach 6,000 all-purpose yards. For his career, Spiller has 6,053 all-purpose yards (2,801 yards rushing; 1,080 yards receiving; 1,631 yards kickoff returns; 541 yards punt returns).
· Spiller has a touchdown of at least 60 yards scored four different ways this season. He has a punt return, a kick off return, a reception, and a rushing touchdown of at least 60 yards in 2009. He also has had a 60-yard play in all six games this season.
· Spiller has 17 career touchdowns of 50 yards or more. He has three career touchdown plays of at least 50 yards against Wake Forest, as he had a 72-yard rushing touchdown in 2006 and a 90-yard kickoff return for touchdown in 2007.
· Spiller also recorded his 10th career 100-plus yard rushing game, and his second against Wake Forest, as he had nine carries for 106 yards and one touchdown. His other 100-yard rushing game against Wake Forest occurred in 2006, when he tallied 104 yards and one touchdown.
· Spiller needs one reception to reach 100 for his career. He needs just seven receptions to become Clemson's career leader for a running back. He has 99 and the record is 105 by Travis Zachery (1998-2001).
· Senior Michael Palmer recorded his first touchdown of the year, and the fifth of his career, on a one-yard pass from Kyle Parker at 12:26 in the first quarter. Earlier in the drive, Palmer had a 22-yard reception from Parker. Palmer now has 16 receptions this year, his career high for a season. His 16 receptions are the most by a Clemson tight end since Thomas Hunter had 16 in the 2006 season. No Clemson tight end has caught 20 passes in a season since 1984 when K.D. Dunn caught 22.
· With the first extra point of the game, Clemson kickers have made 100 consecutive extra points. Richard Jackson was 4-4 on PATs in the first half, and made his only extra point attempt in the second half. Jackson is 15-15 on extra points this season, and is 15-20 on field goals so far this year.
· DeAndre McDaniel's interception in the first quarter was his fifth of the 2009 season, and led to a Richard Jackson field goal. McDaniel wore the #17 jersey today, honoring Stanley Hunter. McDaniel now has eight career interceptions.
· Jacoby Ford's 32-yard pass to Xavier Dye was the first completed by a wide receiver since former Tiger wide receiver Derrick Hamilton completed a touchdown pass in 2003.
· In the first half, Clemson had 13 first-down plays for a total of 208 yards. This equates to 16 yards per play for the Tiger offense in the opening half.
· The five sacks recorded today were the most sacks by a Clemson defense since the Tigers had five against Boston College in 2007. Clemson now has 17 sacks for the year in six games, more than the 14 Clemson had all of last year in 13 games. Clemson had a season high 12 tackles for loss as a team today.
· Clemson held Wake Forest to under 100 yards rushing and under 100 yards passing today. It was the second time Clemson had done that to an opponent this year. The other time was against Boston College when the Eagles had just 29 yards rushing and 25 passing.
· Wake Forest quarterback Riley Skinner entered the game first in the ACC in passing efficiency with a 163 figure. But, Clemson's defense held the senior to an efficiency of 57.6 today.
· Clemson's offense had five redzone opportunities today and scored four touchdowns. Clemson had scored just three touchdowns in 13 redzone opportunities for the season entering today's game.
· Kantrell Brown suffered an injury in the first half and was taken off the field on a stretcher with his neck in a brace. Tests at the Oconee Memorial Hospital in Seneca were negative and Brown returned to campus shortly after the game. He is has a sprained neck and will have full recovery.
· Da'Quan Bowers had a career high tying three tackles for loss today and now has eight for the year to tie Ricky Sapp for the team lead.
· Kyle Parker completed 10 of 17 passes today for 135 yards and a score. That is a .588 completion percentage, his best of the season. But it is still not as high as his career batting average against the Demon Deacons on the baseball diamond. Parker is 12-20 at the plate for a .600 batting average against Wake Forest over the last two years, including five home runs.