Audio of Head Coach Dabo Swinney's Press Conference (MP3 Format)
- Monday was more of a mental practice as the Tigers begin installing the game plan for USF. Tomorrow the Tigers will practice in full pads.
- No one was missing at practice except for injured players. No academic problems that Swinney is aware of, but final grades will not be out till Wednesday.
- RB Andre Ellington had his surgery on Monday and will be coming back to Clemson later this evening. Doctors say it is a four month recovery period, and he should be "as good as ever". It's possible he could do a few things at the end of spring practice.
- WR Terrance Ashe had his surgery last week.
- The goal is to have all game plans finished and installed before the team leaves for Charlotte.
- Swinney on USF: "They are a good football team. They are very similar to us in a lot of regards if you just study them on paper. Defensively that's their strength and that's our strength. Both offenses have had their moments and had their struggles."
- Swinney said backup QB Tajh Boyd will get more reps with the first team during bowl practice but did not give any percentage of reps he will be in.
- TE Vic Beasley has the ability to play either side of the ball and the coaches will use this time and spring practice to experiment on the best position for him.
- Swinney said he met with DE Da'Quan Bowers last week to discuss the draft. He said both guys are on the same page. He wants to make sure Bowers has all his questions answered and has all the right information, but their focus right now is on winning the bowl game. Swinney said the potential NFL lockout could have an effect on Bowers' decision.
- Swinney said OC Billy Napier going through the head coach interview process at Furman will help him down the road because he will be a head coach one day.