Mickey's new Blog brought to you by:
My numbers for scholarships may be off by one or two but I currently have 86 players on scholarship for the Tigers. They will have to get down to 85 by August but that will not be a problem.
I have decided to rank each player in his overall value to the 2006 team from 1-86. These numbers will change often but here is a stab at the list.
I am sure you will have some guys higher and some lower and remember this is supposed to be fun. I have included a comment about each player’s ranking.
Clemson Football Top Rankings 43-21
43. Byron Maxwell-If he rehabs his knee he will climb this chart.
42. Kevin Alexander-Reminds us of Anthony Waters.
41. Chris Chancellor-Little man with big cover skills.
40. Jamie Cumbie-Size, ability and opportunity ahead of Cumbie.
39. Corey Lambert-Potential and a huge upside to this future star. I would still like to see more toughness.
38. Barry Humphries-Once he fully recovers from ankle injury then Humphries is solid second-teamer at center.
37. Antwon Murchison-Ultra –talented defender with big upside.
36. Crezdon Butler-Look out for a terrific athlete. Butler will do big things I Tigertown.
35. DeAndre McDaniel-Once he gets comfortable then McDaniel will skyrocket up this list.
34. Kavell Conner-Perhaps the biggest surprise of last year’s class. Conner is a solid backup at MLB.
33. Josh Miller-Great kid and hard worker. Miller will be a star before he is done at Clemson.
32. Thomas Austin-The best of the freshmen offensive linemen. Hard worker and good leader.
31. Akeem Robinson-He rose about 40 spots this past spring. Robinson will be a factor now at TE. One of the two or three biggest risers in the spring.
30. Thomas Hunter-Solid dependable TE that comes to work everyday.
29. Jacoby Ford-Speed, speed and more speed. He could rise depending on how this true freshman adjusts.
28. Brandon Pilgrim-Everything seems in place for Pilgrim except two seniors ahead of him on the depth chart.
27. Tyler Grisham-Great hands and good speed. This spring showed Grisham more opportunity.
26. Rickey Sapp-Look out for this superstar as he will rise and rise quickly in this ranking. Sapp has everything you are looking for except experience.
25. C.J. Spiller-This true freshman will also continue to rise. There is no more talented football player at Clemson. Once he gets the system and
learns his role then look out. The 2006 team is better because of him and imagine 2007 and 2008.
24. Antonio Clay-Instinctive and talented. His best football is ahead of this superstar.
23. Jock McKissic-Big man with a bigger upside. When you draw up college defensive tackles this is what you are looking for.
22. C.J. Gaddis-Ability –wise Gaddis should be higher. He will rise if he proves dependable.
21. Duane Coleman-What a great transition Coleman made. His desire and competitive nature helps.
Part 1 - Rankings 86-45
Part 2 - Rankings 66-44
We would love to have some feedback with those players you would have ranked higher and lower.
Also, please visit our sponsors, Mr. Knickerbockers and George Coleman Ford. It is their patronage that keeps the blog free. We are adding more sponsors for this month as well. If you are interested in great advertising opportunities on the blog contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org