Dabo Swinney Press Conference, Windows Media, (22:19)
Notes from Swinney’s Weekly Press Conference
- On Miami: “Good in all phases. They are as good as we have played and probably the most athletic. Very physical and confident team. They have been battle tested.”
- On Miami offense: “Extremely balanced. .A lot of formations. Very multiple formation team. They are extremely physical especially at running back. They seek out contact. They play two or three guys and they get a lot of yards after contact. Their quarterback and wide outs are very talented. He can make all the throws and can run. He really has been a difference maker for them in critical situations.”
- “We have to affect their quarterback. He have to do a good job with our front four. Those guys have to win some matchups and get after the quarterback.”
- On Miami defense: “They are a veteran defense, fast and physical and do a good job with man coverage. Totally different style than we just saw from Wake Forest.”
- On playing a top 10 team: “We are just really trying to get this football team to focus on execution. As I tell the guys nothing matters but us. Not the where we play, not what is on their helmet, what ranking is by their team name, not what the weather is like, not what color our uniforms are. Nothing matters but us and how we play because we are good enough.”
- On secondary play against Wake Forest: “I thought secondary played as well as they have all year. We did miss a pick six. That was disappointing because those are game changing opportunities.”
- Changing the culture of Clemson football: “It’s just about getting better every week. Doing the things each week that good football teams do. Getting better at blocking and tackles and being consistent with throwing and catching. Playing with great effort where no one can challenge your effort and passion for the game.”
- On Miami QB: “We got to get to him. We can’t let him get comfortable. If we let him get comfortable then it will be along day at south beach…we got to make him run and then we got to hit him.
- Best offensive line you have played? “About like TCU. TCU is very good up front. Similar to them.”
- “We got to learn to finish in games like this. We played two top 15 teams and had both of them on the mat with a two count.“
- Is Clemson a top 15 team? “Close. Probably got a few things we need to address. We are good enough to play with most teams. I think we have proven that.
- Any coaching staff arguments? “No, not so far but it’s early. It’s Tuesday. “
WR Jacoby Ford, Windows Media, (22:19)