Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seventeen Student-Athletes Earn Degrees on Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,191

Aug 7, 2010, 8:50 PM

Seventeen current or former Clemson student-athletes received degrees during summer graduation ceremonies at Littlejohn Coliseum Saturday morning. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats to all of them!

Aug 8, 2010, 12:56 AM

I was also an August graduate, and that just reminded me that I am coming up on my eight year anniversary of graduating from Clemson, August 10th. I hear a lot of people say time flies once you graduate from college. For me, it has not. It seems like it was 20 years ago to me. Probably because Clemson is the best place in the world to be, and not being at Clemson all of the time, where I spent the best years of my life, makes it seem way too long. You don't truly know just how much you love Clemson until you graduate, and get out in the real world. The real world does not hold a candle to happiness like Clemson does. In the real world you have to deal with terrible coworkers, employers that try and take advantage of you when times are bad, etc...at least for me anyway. My only regret is not staying there another couple of years to get a master's. I do not really need a master's degree, but it sure would have been a good excuse!

Oh, and one more thing, when I graduated from Clemson it came at a horrible time. It was when they were doing renovations to Littlejohn, and my class had to graduate in the freaking Brooks Center. As a kid at Clemson basketball games I would look down on that court, dreaming how awesome it was going to be to graduate in there. But, it could have been worse. The May graduations prior to mine were done in Death Valley. A horrendous thunderstom came up, and they had to stop the graduation ceremony all together. My sister was getting her master's that day, and they did the PHD students first, master's second, etc. Numerous undergrads did not get to walk and shake the president's hand (I know how much some don't like Barker, so don't remind me). Those students were furious. Clemson called for a make up date, but at that point everyone was out in the real world, and said it just would not mean as much now. That was a dumb call by Barker, or whoever planned to have it in Death Valley. How on earth do you have a graduation outside, in the humid late Spring/early Summer months, when there is almost always a possibility for a thunderstorm every day!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,191
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic