Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Page photo is a photoshop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 2,722

The Page photo is a photoshop

Mar 27, 2008, 11:20 AM
kenpagedollars.jpg(107.8 K)
Image2.jpg(52.3 K)
Image1.jpg(36.2 K)

and a very good one at that. The image was created in Adobe Photoshop CS3 last night at 12:36AM.

Forgot about the metadata I guess.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no way...***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:21 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

way***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:22 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Change your handle to Tiggity CSI....ha....***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:22 AM

Tig...if I opened a photo in Photoshop...saved it without

Mar 27, 2008, 11:23 AM

making any changes, would that trace still be there? Just askin...

The metadata appears when something is saved

Mar 27, 2008, 11:33 AM

using the application, so the pic was definately saved in Photoshop. To answer your question, yes, it could have been opened in Photoshop, not edited, and then saved, but the user would have to use the save as command. Also, the fact that photoshop was used means the photo had to be downloaded from some place and then deliberately opened with photoshop after an original file was saved on the PC or multiple source files (hence a definite photoshop).

Why go through the trouble of saving a clearly controversial photo on your PC then open it with photoshop, and then make no changes and save it again, then post it? Not very likely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It makes perfect sense to save a photo, open it in photoshop

Mar 27, 2008, 11:39 AM

make adjustments to it, (without altering the content) saturation, levels, whatever, save it again and then post it. That's a fairly common thing. There's no way though that the overall content of that picture has been altered.

null

True. I do this before I put anything online. I could be...

Mar 27, 2008, 11:43 AM

...anything from a simple re-size to a brightness/contrast thing. My guess is just a re-size or web optimization, which is something I do with every photo before I upload it...whether it's vacation photos or pictures of my dog. And that would show up as being saved in Photoshop.

I've played with Photoshop once or twice in my life, and I would be stunned if that image were manufactured.

So Page did all that to post it on Myspace?***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:57 AM

Maybe, but probably not. Anyone could have.***

Mar 27, 2008, 12:01 PM

null

No...probably the guy who runs the blog that "unveiled" it.***

Mar 27, 2008, 12:16 PM [ in reply to So Page did all that to post it on Myspace?*** ]

Thanks. And the T-Net CSI agent has spoken. Good enough

Mar 27, 2008, 11:56 AM [ in reply to The metadata appears when something is saved ]

for me.

This is not photoshop...

Mar 27, 2008, 11:23 AM
taneyhill-p.jpg(27.3 K)

this really was USC's qb

Clemson

But he knew when and where to drink.***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:24 AM

IF it is a PhotoShop, it is a darn good one.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Not particularly. The size of the hand is way out of

Mar 27, 2008, 11:34 AM

proportion to the body and the edges around the bills where they meet with the face are uneven.

First of all, Kenneth Page is a real big dude, so there's

Mar 27, 2008, 11:41 AM

probably lots of parts of him that are out of proportion. Secondly, the reason the edges are uneven is because of the rubber binds binding the bills together.

null

Re: Not particularly. The size of the hand is way out of

Mar 27, 2008, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Not particularly. The size of the hand is way out of ]

The hand is in the foreground. The dollars wouldn't have a perfect straight edge when they're bound by a rubberband. Either the greatest and most subtle Photoshop ever, or a legit picture. It depends on your ability to suspend your disbelief for your fanhood's sake if you believe it's fake.

Also, the hand, or anything else, will always appear out of

Mar 27, 2008, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Not particularly. The size of the hand is way out of ]

proportion when it's closer to the lens, and most especially if it's shot at a wider angle than what we would call normal, as this one is.

null

Uh oh. I think the coots have finally figured out how to

use photoshop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And figured out how to post it on his myspace page as well.***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:27 AM

Re: And figured out how to post it on his myspace page as well.***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:29 AM

Exactly. :(

Passwords are very easy to guess for the most part.***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:29 AM [ in reply to And figured out how to post it on his myspace page as well.*** ]

Wow...that would seem to be a lot of work to me.

Mar 27, 2008, 11:42 AM

Better to get an understanding from Page as to what the picture is from, in my opinion.

null

Is that a rumor or a fact?

Mar 27, 2008, 11:34 AM [ in reply to And figured out how to post it on his myspace page as well.*** ]

Seems like the original poster of this picture said he found it on Page's myspace page, but it was then taken down.

If a person was going to fabricate a picture, wouldn't he also lie about where he got it?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think someone with the talent this person has

Mar 27, 2008, 11:38 AM

if it was truly photoshopped, would be doing things other than photoshopping a hs kid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

it is an actual rumor***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Is that a rumor or a fact? ]

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

that just means it was saved in photoshop

Mar 27, 2008, 11:25 AM

doesn't mean the money was photoshoped in. But experts can detect this as there should be 2 layers or something like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you not see that I already asked that? Geeesshh....

Mar 27, 2008, 11:26 AM

;)

Re: The Page photo is a photoshop

Mar 27, 2008, 11:28 AM

That's the good news ... bad news is he still had the poor judgement to put it up on his personal site, creating the bad impression throughout the college "fan world".

Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but still questionable judgement by a kid who now probably wishes he hadn't posted it.

An 18 year old with questionable judgment?***

How do you know it was ever on his site?

Mar 27, 2008, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: The Page photo is a photoshop ]

Because someone emailed a two-bit blog and said it was there, but then removed?

Y'all will believe anything!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tiggity, care to give the laymans terms on how that works??

Definitely not literate with all that stuff. Thanks.

"I dabbled in pacifism once myself Dude. Not in 'Nam of course."

-Walter

Funny....

Mar 27, 2008, 11:33 AM

There was a link to the picture on The Insiders Forum on Gamecockcentral at 9:29 pm last night.

BritBrant

Post #1655
york sc /charlotte nc
MyFanPage
Add Buddy you need to see this ---Kenneth Page pic Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wonder where he got dat?
This post was edited on 3/27 8:33 AM by Tony Morrell

Link: grassy knoll

Posted on 3/26 9:29 PM | IP: Logged

The Historic Horseshoe

I got the photo from this link:

Mar 27, 2008, 11:38 AM

http://brahsome.com/

What about this one

Mar 27, 2008, 11:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've gotta concede this one to Classof09

Mar 27, 2008, 11:52 AM

Based on the image and the posting times, it seems like a real picture.

That being said, why is Classof09 all of the sudden hounding TigerNet about this picture, yet he plays hit-and-run when something bad happens to Carolina?

Perhaps, Classof09, you should consider the big picture when you're so quick to plaster this picture everywhere. As far as my knowledge goes, controversial incidents at Carolina under Spurrier/Holtz literally triple or quadruple those that occur at Clemson under Bowden.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did I plaster this picture?

Mar 27, 2008, 11:56 AM

I only came on here and posted about it, AFTER you guys brought it up. I posted on here the day Garcia got arrested. I really don't see how i'm "hitting and running" unless you mean when i post in between class.

That's not the same photo.

Mar 27, 2008, 12:24 PM [ in reply to What about this one ]

Yours was compressed with gd-jpeg (the result of being uploaded to imageshack). Gd-jpg is a php module that is commonly used in online photo galleries. Your photo is 36KB because it was optimized. The photo I posted was 107KB. The dimensions are not even the same. Myspace doesn't use GD-jpg. BTW, I have yet to see the original myspace photo. I'm just sayin....

Wow. What a desperate idiot.***

Mar 27, 2008, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Funny.... ]

You sure it wasn't just saved in photoshop then?

Mar 27, 2008, 11:35 AM

http://www.accvssec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1962&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=8c75a8fbb452cdaba14b6da188dd5dc7

Because it was posted here at Yesterday at 11:23 am

If that's a photoshop job, it's the best one I've ever seen

Mar 27, 2008, 11:35 AM

and I use that program every day. I think it was probably saved via photoshop, but the image itself I'm certain is legit. It looks like Mr. Page took the picture himself with his cellphone, (look at the reflections in the ceiling of the vehicle) and based on the other photos he has posted on his myspace site, it looks very much like something he would do. I think it's very real. The question is, where did the money come from.

null

imported into Photoshop, but likely not edited

Mar 27, 2008, 11:40 AM

Notice how the entire image, including the dollars, has sort of a slight out of focus aspect, either a clear image edited and then blurred to avoid sharp edges or a legit cameraphone pic imported into Photoshop.

YAAAY Tiggity!!!***

Mar 27, 2008, 11:45 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: The Page photo is a photoshop

Mar 27, 2008, 11:59 AM

It's not photoshopped. I had to resize the original photo that was emailed to me and I use Adobe for that purpose.

Brinson
EIC, Brahsome

Does someone have an agenda?***

Mar 27, 2008, 12:00 PM

So how do you know it's authentic?

Mar 27, 2008, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: The Page photo is a photoshop ]

Or do you trust everything in your email?

And who are you anyways?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure your screen name shouldn't be "LourieLaw"?***

Mar 27, 2008, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: The Page photo is a photoshop ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Not edited in photoshop

Mar 27, 2008, 12:19 PM

Photo has been explained though

Just because the photo went through photoshop

Mar 27, 2008, 12:49 PM

doesn't mean it was manipulated. You can run a photo through photoshop without altering it to a degree that it could be a fake. That photo looks real. Notice how the hand and money are blurry but as the picture draws inward to the face it becomes clearer. Anyone taking a picture like that would likely focus the camera on the person's face and not what was in the foreground. Also, the sunlight coming in from the left side of the car lines up too well with the beam of sunlight across the pile of cash.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 2,722
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic