Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Captain Cliff Hammonds Has Broken Right Wrist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Mar 3, 2008, 8:05 PM

His status is questionable for the Georgia Tech Game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awww, COME ON!!! Not now - not this team!!***

Mar 3, 2008, 8:12 PM

dad gum it.....it is James Mays fault....took off the

Mar 3, 2008, 8:13 PM

bandage and the injury bug noticed everyone was healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Clemson Captain Cliff Hammonds Has Broken Right Wrist

Mar 3, 2008, 8:16 PM

No! No! Say it ain't so! Why doesn't God like us? Just when we're getting everybody completely healthy, this happens. In my mind, Cliff is one of the overall, toughest competitors ever in Clemson basketball. How long do wrists take to heal. I didn't notice any slack off in his performance? Did he take any 3's after the injury?

If he's questionable for GT

Mar 3, 2008, 8:18 PM

You'd think he'd be ready by ACC Tourney time, or at the very least NCAA tourney time.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He may be questionable because they don't know

Mar 3, 2008, 8:20 PM

if he can play injured, if he can't play injured his college career could be over

Fan-effing-tastic***

Mar 3, 2008, 8:19 PM

Mar 3, 2008, 8:21 PM

Talked to him today in class and he said that he will be playing on Thursday. I guess that is if Purnell doesn't say he isn't.

That***

Mar 3, 2008, 8:22 PM

That's good to hear. And typical of Hammonds...

Mar 3, 2008, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Captain Cliff Hammonds Has Broken Right Wrist ]

one of the biggest wins ever; largest come from behind victory ever in history; breaks his wrist; late game in Maryland; and he's in class the very next day. What an outstanding student-athlete.

According to earlier post someone talked to him today

Mar 3, 2008, 8:23 PM

and his wrist is fractured not broken. He said he IS going to play against GT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fracture = broken

Mar 3, 2008, 8:31 PM

broken doesn't mean it's broken in half. There are 8 bones in the wrist. even if he has a hairline fracture in a wrist bone, its still considered broken, or fractured.

I'm willing to bet it was his scaphoid bone. this is the wrist bone most commonly fractured in a fall on an outstretched hand. It is thumb side closest to the forearm

Message was edited by: TigerXJ®

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Its the A bone

Mar 3, 2008, 8:52 PM

The A bone is the scaphoid, I don't know which is broken however

Re: Its the A bone

Mar 3, 2008, 11:42 PM

providing clear and detailed illustrations... very nice. point you to, Adam.

I broke the same bone a few years ago

Mar 4, 2008, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Its the A bone ]

The orthopedist put me in a removable cast for six weeks. Even though it may only be a hairline fracture, the wrist has to stay immobilized to heal properly.

Generally, unless it's a bad break, they do not place

Mar 4, 2008, 12:06 PM [ in reply to fracture = broken ]

a cast on the wrist. There are so many small bones in the wrist that the Orthopods tell me it's hard to detect hairline fractures. I am thinking he will be able to play--don't know about the dribble...that's the question mark. If he can dribble well right handed, then he's an asset. If he cannot, I think OP would keep him out--just my opinion.

BTW Cliff-you are a fine young man and a credit to Clemson University. Next time somebody downs the youth of America---point to Cliff Hammonds!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sucks but I see the fact that they're even considering

Mar 3, 2008, 8:37 PM

him for the GT game as a positive. He'll be back soon it seems. It might also do some good as far as Stitt having to step up too.

Look at it this way....

Mar 3, 2008, 8:43 PM

He did it with about 16 minutes to go and he played pretty effectively the rest of the game. If he can simply duplicate that effort, we'll be fine.

Last Night=Puric Victory***

Mar 3, 2008, 9:18 PM

Do you mean Pure or Phyrric?***

Mar 3, 2008, 9:25 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: or even Pyhrric?******

Mar 3, 2008, 9:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or maybe Pyrrhic??***

Mar 4, 2008, 12:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isnt he lefty?***

Mar 3, 2008, 9:25 PM

Yep, good thing that he's left-handed....

Mar 3, 2008, 9:29 PM

although it will certainly still mess with his shot.

If it is broken...

Mar 3, 2008, 11:56 PM

unfortunately, this would be at the wrong time. But it would give Stitt and Terrance some great opportunities to step and and take control of this team aside Rivers. So lets just hope and pray for the best and watch the Tigers finish 11-5 in the ACC.

Mar 4, 2008, 8:39 AM

"Hammonds has played 128 consecutive games, 124 as a starter and those stand as school records. He will tie the Clemson record for total games played when he plays his next game. He has never missed a game due to injury."

Yes, I would definitely start Hammonds thursday night, but take him out as soon as possible. That way his starting streak will continue as well as consecutive games, but lets face it. GT is not a powerhouse even though they have played some close games this year. After the start, keep cliff out of the game unless we absolutely need him. He will be much more important against VT, ACC tourny, and NCAA. GT is 5-9 / 12-16 who cares if ciff plays? Get the start, and get out. Rest up for the big dance. GO TIGERS!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic