Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: FS1's Bayless: 'Terrible start' could've been avoided for Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

FB Update: FS1's Bayless: 'Terrible start' could've been avoided for Watson

Sep 12, 2017, 3:24 PM

FS1's Bayless: 'Terrible start' could've been avoided for Watson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: FS1's Bayless: 'Terrible start' could've been avoided for Watson

Sep 12, 2017, 3:41 PM

O'Brien better buy into Deshaun eventually. For all they gave up to get him, if Watson fails, O'Brien fails. Coaches who go 7-9 every season and run QBs out of town twice per year don't keep head coaching jobs.

I personally don't like this being DWs first start - their

Sep 12, 2017, 4:49 PM

OL looked horrible(granted I think Jax DL is talented). Now he's the starter on a short week and possibly hurt ankle. Not the best situation if you ask me-- hope DW shines as he has the ability but he's going to need some help from the OL and receivers.

Sep 12, 2017, 5:05 PM

O'Briens call as coach and his regrets if wrong. Appears he was. Hope DW is fine to start and plays well.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

O'brian sucks, Tom Brady made him.***

Sep 12, 2017, 8:19 PM

It is BS that he downplayed the notion of Watson

Sep 12, 2017, 8:22 PM

playing/starting early all preseason and then just threw him in the deep end during a sh1tshow 2 quarters in...It doesn't matter who is playing QB if they can't get their Pro Bowl LT to freaking REPORT, much less play

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 9:48 PM

If O'Brian doesn't completely buy into DW4, then he is an idiot. I can't fix stupid, but I hope the Texans can. DW4 knows how to win. It really is that simple, and the coaches need to let him have the tools and the resources in play calling to let him flourish. You go DW4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good old Skip Bayless with a lazy hot take

Sep 12, 2017, 11:42 PM

I live here in Houston...everyone including O'Brien wants Watson to eventually be the starter. The reason that he didn't start the season is because Deshaun is coming from a HUNH spread college system...and the Texans run a complicated pro style offense that takes time to learn. The thinking was let Deshaun adjust to the speed of the NFL and learn the offense...then let him take over as the starter at the midway point of the season.

Unfortunately the Texans offensive line and Tom Savage are so bad, they forced O'Brien into playing him week 1 and starting him week 2.

Savage is CLEARLY not O'brien's guy. He was a 5th round pick. After he was on the roster for two years, the Texans gave Brock Osweiler a $72 million contract because they didn't believe in Savage. Then they traded two number 1 picks for Deshaun because they don't believe in Savage. Watson is the Texans and O'brien's guy.

And Bayless is a Lazy lazy man

Re: Good old Skip Bayless with a lazy hot take

Sep 13, 2017, 11:41 PM

I actually think Skip is spot on. If O'Brien's offense is too complicated, dumb it down so you can win games. That's what the cowboys did with dak and panthers with cam. I'm also in houston and at this point want Kubiak back. O'Brien is becoming a laughingstock. Rick smith is either handcuffing o'brien, or o'brien truly is this hard headed. I'm praying Deshaun doesn't get seriously injured this year. With this line, lack of receivers and an offensive scheme that has been proven to fail year over year I'm not concerned with deshauns production, but rather his safety. Rick and BOB need to go.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic