Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF Post of the day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 3,095

FGF Post of the day

Aug 23, 2017, 1:19 PM

Nothing explosive about this thread, but if you've been around Clemson the last 6 years, you'll appreciate the coots eating crow about their sad QB situation now. Heads up, this is a long one, with my own footnotes...

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/does-anybody-think-bentley-has-too-much-pressure-on-him.239136/

From fgf user E-Cut:

"Garcia never took it serious. He wanted to walk around campus and be the big shot but he didnt put in work. He is the Auburn and FSU qb we saw more so than the 2010 Alabama qb.

Connor Shaw put in the work and doesnt have near the arm Jake has.

Dylan Thompson came into to a depleted team that knew Spurrier was finished with football. He couldve been a good one, he was a little cocky too.

Garcia like i said thought he was #### of the walk. Party all night , not study film and show up on gameday like he was gonna be Tom Brady. We have come a long way because Bentley has twice the arm strength and accuracy of Garcia. (and get caught using, and vandalizing teachers cars...now they realize what we've said all along...)

Perry Orth.....what can i say, all heart not D1 talent, maybe not even D2 talent. A walk on that has no legs, and eyed his receivers. (Wasnt Perry Orth supposed to be their Crowned Savior Pt.1??)

Lorenzo Nunez.....what was Spurrier thinking? He mightve been worse than Corey Jenkins or Dondrial Pinkins. Complete mystery there. (Wasnt Nunez better than Deshaun according to the coots, their Crowned Savior Pt.2??)

Tommy Beecher and Chris Smelley made me wish Blake Mitchell had anotjer year or 2 of eligibility. Beecher and his 5 ints vs NC st in the 2008 opener was tough to watch. Smelley was like Bobby Fuller, the app st qb that came in with Sparky Woods. Just hand the ball off, throw screens and the bomb that if intercepted was just like a punt.

So yea I have high hopes for Bentley (Crowned Savior Pt.3?? Remember how the last 2 turned out??) just watching his accuracy and arm strength and leadership last year has me thinking of big things to come. Brandon Mcilwain saw it and new it was a rap when Jake to charge. (Did you forget how Coach Broom completely shafted the Mcilwan which made Mcilwain PO'ed enough to leave the school(which caused USC to lose a QB that was better than Bentley and a star baseball player simultaneously)?

Guys we are going to be good, real good wait and see. We are going to shock the world. (LOL)"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FGF Post of the day

Aug 23, 2017, 1:24 PM

What....no mention of Connor Mitch, that other better-than-Watson savior?

Aug 23, 2017, 1:25 PM

Or McIllwain, who's supposed to be a better duel threat than Watson...

Speaking of USC QB's......

Aug 23, 2017, 1:30 PM

Take a look at their depth chart for QB's. And, take a look at their current class so far (zero QB's).

Maybe I'm missing something??

They dont need a QB

Aug 23, 2017, 2:00 PM

Jake Bentley will always be there

Aug 23, 2017, 6:35 PM

IMO Mcalwain is better than Bently. It would be HILARIOUS if he kills it at Cal an USCjr keeps sinking.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Joyner take over for Bently at some point.

Replies: 5
| visibility 3,095
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic