Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's a great situation for DW4 to backup Savage.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,551

It's a great situation for DW4 to backup Savage.

Aug 22, 2017, 8:31 PM

If Savage struggles, then Watson can come in and give hope. Everyone loves the backup. If Savage does well, then great... Watson can learn.

The last thing you want is to throw him to the wolves as a rookie and then get benched.

I think rookie QBs in general could use 2 years to learn and really feel good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Legit - and true on premise, but...

Aug 22, 2017, 8:38 PM

its all marketing. seems brilliant to me - build demand for brand, media all over it, only a matter of time... DW4 is gonna bank it on endorsements. Texans coming.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree except to say he will not give DW4 game experience

Aug 22, 2017, 8:44 PM

in the right situations is just dumb. No wonder so many QB's go through Houston. An experienced backup is required, as QB's get hurt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The fourth-year Houston coach also ruled any use of special

Aug 22, 2017, 9:44 PM

The fourth-year Houston coach also ruled any use of special packages to get Watson experience if Savage holds onto the job.

“It can be done,” O’Brien said, “but it’s not going to be done here.”

So O'Brien is not looking at his own terrible problem of not having an experienced back-up. All the ones, with Savage as a good example last year, have had a lot of problems coming in without game experience.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun will play ... I read that to mean...

Aug 23, 2017, 9:09 AM

... they won't bring Deshaun in early in a game for an series just to get him in ... and they won't create any unique offensive plans just to get Deshaun snaps. I believe Deshaun will come into the game either for an injured Savage or a terribly ineffective Savage ... but mainly he will come in when the game is not in doubt either winning or losing (just like most back-ups)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a great situation for DW4 to backup Savage.

Aug 22, 2017, 9:33 PM

I just hope DW4 can fix his problem of overthrowing wide-open receivers. He got away with that in college, but the NFL will make him pay. Outside of an injury to Savage, he won't start until he resolves that issue IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a great situation for DW4 to backup Savage.

Aug 22, 2017, 9:40 PM

I have seen Tom Brady and Peyton Manning overthrow wide open receivers , it is an adjustment he will make I am sure ...but lets not get into the train of thought that the kid isn't capable of leading an NFL team. He is , and he will ...just watch it happen .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Agree ... in the same way it was better for him to ...

Aug 23, 2017, 9:02 AM

... be drafted 12th by the Texans than 2nd by the Bears.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,551
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic