Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not surprised that Savage was named starter over DW4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Not surprised that Savage was named starter over DW4

Aug 22, 2017, 4:55 PM

In the 2nd pre-season game Watson's decision making was pretty good, but the accuracy just wasn't good enough IMO.

I think O'Brien will be tempted to play Watson some in the red zone even with Savage as the starter. He just looks too dynamic down there as a run/ pass option threat. If he does go that route, I just hope DW doesn't get hurt or get pigeon-holed as just a "running QB".

I always thought Watson would get the job as a rookie due to injury more so than merit. Savage is solid when he has a clean pocket and everything is ideal, but when things aren't, he struggles and his history of being brittle plays with his head. With his lack of mobility and propensity to get hurt, I don't see him lasting much beyond 5 or 6 games.

I've also wondered if Watson can reach his full potential in the NFL if he's so overly concerned about taking care of the football. I fear that may stymie some of the natural "playmaker" in him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not surprised that Savage was named starter over DW4

Aug 22, 2017, 4:58 PM

Watson needs time playing with the starters as well. You could tell some of the mistakes were caused by the 2nd/3rd string WR's not doing their part. I'm betting he'll get a start in a preseason game just to see how he does then.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic