Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are some realistic expectations for offense this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

What are some realistic expectations for offense this season

Aug 22, 2017, 10:34 AM

If Bryant starts all season I think his stat line will look something like this:

2900 yards passing (223/game)
24 passing TDs (I think he will throw 10 picks)
1100 yards rushing
10 rushing TDs

is this fair, or should his passing stats be higher/lower or rushing stats?

Leader at RB I think will be Feaster, but I think it will be a balanced rushing attack between all our RBs

825 yards and 8 TDs

Leader at WR I think will be Cain. His stats will be lower than Mike Williams but only bc he will not have DW throwing him the ball.

1100 yards and 9 TDs

again should these numbers be higher, lower or do you expect it to be just about right.

for Freshmen

Higgins: 715 yards and 6 TDs
Etienne: 210 yards and couple of TDs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The expectations I have

Aug 22, 2017, 10:39 AM

They follow the rules
Go to school
And that my seats are unoccupied when I show up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: The expectations I have

Aug 22, 2017, 10:57 AM

I expect the team to play as well as they possibly can. Who ever the coaches chose to play, I am for them 110Per cent.

No booing from me. Ever.

I expect the team to win every game but if they don't, I support them 110 per cent.

I expect it to be hot and miserable in DV. Not sure if that is always a good thing!

I expect all the fans to be good hosts .... but some will not be. Hate is a terrible thing.

I
I expect those who play for and represent CLEMSON to be the best. That is almost a given because I expect coach DS to be in total control of the CLEMSON Tiger.

I expect to be in Atlanta shortly after the new year watching my Tigers play the Washington Huskies for another NC,

Sounds like a UNC fan.

Aug 22, 2017, 11:36 AM [ in reply to The expectations I have ]

Except for the firs two.

33.33333% is good enough for a UNC degree***

Aug 22, 2017, 12:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Sounds like a UNC fan.

Aug 22, 2017, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Sounds like a UNC fan. ]

You figured that out all by yourself?

Re: What are some realistic expectations for offense this season

Aug 22, 2017, 10:51 AM

I think that's very realistic for Bryant in terms of stats. We don't know how good he will actually be. He could blow those numbers away, but I believe that is above the baseline stats.

Season: 2900 yards passing, 24 TDs, 10 INTs, 1100 rushing, 10 TDs

Per game: 223/game, 1.85 TDs, .77 INTs, 85 yards rushing, and .77 TDs per game.

I think it's realistic to think that if Bryant doesn't play well enough to put up numbers similar to those listed above that he won't be on the field all season. Because I am confident that at least one of the three guys at the top of the depth chart IS talented enough and will put up those numbers.

The biggest thing for Kelly is that he will need to be able to move the ball down the field in chunks when the run gets taken away. If he starts 13 games and has only 10 picks, fumbles included that will still be fewer turnovers than Deshaun the last two seasons (not a dig at Watson, just pointing it out) and that alone--maintaining the ball and limiting turnovers will be huge for the offense going through a transition year.

Put up 65 points on Scar...

Aug 22, 2017, 11:07 AM

Have three different QB's throw for 200 yards on them
4 different RBs each run for 75 yards on them
Our new punter is benched against them...because we won't need to punt

This is based on 13 games?

Aug 22, 2017, 11:55 AM

If he puts up those number we will most likely make the playoff and have a chance at back to back titles. Personally i think that's a bit too optimistic, but i won't say it's entirely impossible.

For comparison:

JT Barrett - 2555 passing (24TDs and 7INTs), 845 rushing (9 TDs) in 14 games

Jalen Hurts - 2780 passing (23 and 9), 954 rushing (13 TDs) in 15 games

Lamar Jackson - 3543 passing (30 and 9), 1571 rushing (21 TDs) in 13 games

So your numbers for Bryant wouldn't be Heisman caliber, but they would be considerably better than what both Hurts (SEC OPOY) and Barrett (1st team All Big Ten QB) put up last year. Those guys are probably both top 15 QBs in the country, and certainly two of the best dual threat QBs.

Something like 2400 and 800 might be more doable provided he starts the entire season (13 games).

I def. think i overshot the rushing yards but he has the

Aug 22, 2017, 12:02 PM

talent...but looking at Jackson's number which were insane I don't think he eclipses 1k in rushing yards, but I could be wrong.

Thinking Hurts' numbers last yr is KB2's benchmark

Aug 22, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to This is based on 13 games? ]

People killed Hurts at the end of the year saying that he was too limited in the passing game, but the guy had really good numbers for the season running and throwing. He was the SEC Offensive player of the year for a reason. I'd be ecstatic if Kelly could give us that, but I think that might be asking a bit much to much of him right now.

Aug 22, 2017, 12:07 PM

We will probably see all 3 QB's play a good bit this year. We may be kind of like Auburn was last year, and keep switching from one guy to the next looking for a spark. Hopefully our defense will create turnovers and keep our offense in good field position. I like us winning 9 games this year, and potential 10/11 depending on the turnovers in key games. As for the offense .... I see a drop in pts per game to a level of about 24 to 27. Hopefully the defense and special teams will create some scores as well.

Aug 22, 2017, 2:58 PM

I expect to have at least 2 1000-yard rushers in Fuller and Feaster. Possibly 3 if Etienne plays enough.

I expect a 60-40 run-pass ratio, unless I am totally shocked.

I expect CLEMSON to actually score more points this year than either of the past 2 years when we played in the NC playoff.

All of these are reasonable expectations.

Not sure about these:
Better Special Teams play
Jumbo Package used more frequently in short-yardage situations
Option play to be used more often
Jet Sweep used more often
OLine play to be the best in years

:)

Now let's sit back and watch it all happen before our doubtful eyes.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic