Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not sold on FSU yet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I am not sold on FSU yet

Aug 19, 2017, 2:34 PM

I have seen nothing to believe they are a NC contender.
Sure they have a good tough QB coming back and a true freshman running back.
Their OL which sucked last season is about the same and they lost the best player on the team.
They will be good but there is no reason to think they are better than the Tigers.
So until the Noles prove different, at home vs the Tigers does not worry me.
I truly believe CLEMSON wins the ACC for the third year in a row.
Oh yea FSUs D was very AVG last season and they lost some good players.
James being back is not going to make them a top unit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am not sold on FSU yet

Aug 19, 2017, 2:38 PM

even if the talent were equal we are talking Nick Saban vs Jimbo Fisher. It very well could be another ugly loss like louisville last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume Bama will try to target, i mean "rattle," Francois' head like they

Aug 19, 2017, 2:47 PM

tried on DW4. With FSU's OL, how will Francois not be on a stretcher after no more than two series?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 19, 2017, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I am not sold on FSU yet ]

I believe both teams come out sloppy, FSU will keep it close at half.
Bama will completely wear them down in the second and win by 10-14 pts.

The OP was not abt FSU/Bama.

Aug 19, 2017, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I am not sold on FSU yet ]

FSU could lose the opener and still will the Natty. The schedule is good enough to recover. That said, they may be ranked a little high to be "sold" on them. The good thing - no one needs to be sold on any team at this juncture. It will all shake out when it matters. If you win em all, you take the trophy. If you lose AT ALL..you need a lil help (like us on the day of the Pitt game).

Aug 19, 2017, 4:33 PM

The biggest reason I am not sold on FSU is the offensive line, or lack there of. Even with that, I am not sold Alabama will be as good as advertised either. I will give you something to ponder about the Alabama QB the last time he played a really good defense. In the second half of the most important game in the history of Alabama football, his offense was 3 of 12 on third down....which means the FSU defense will just have to be good enough to keep the Sophomore QB behind the chains. This will give FSU a opportunity to score on a shorter field. The game will be a defensive struggle and I see FSU pulling it out in OT.

Aug 19, 2017, 4:41 PM

> The biggest reason I am not sold on FSU is the
> offensive line, or lack there of. Even with that, I
> am not sold Alabama will be as good as advertised
> either. I will give you something to ponder about the
> Alabama QB the last time he played a really good
> defense. In the second half of the most important
> game in the history of Alabama football, his offense
> was 3 of 12 on third down....which means the FSU
> defense will just have to be good enough to keep the
> Sophomore QB behind the chains. This will give FSU a
> opportunity to score on a shorter field. The game
> will be a defensive struggle and I see FSU pulling it
> out in OT.

Add to that their QB is a human Crash Test Dummy. He throws a good ball - sometimes a very nice ball - but Francois tends to get missile lock and he assuredly isn't an aware guy in the pocket, which leads to some hits that are so bad they almost look WWF. At some point they're going to be drawing chalk outlines on the field or digging him out of the bottom of a crater if he doesn't get more aware about sensing the blitz coming. He's not as big and slow and blissfully unaware as Connor Mitch was there at South Carolina - I had that guy's over/under at two games before he wound up in traction, and missed that one by just a quarter - but he's not far off either. Unhealthy.

Combine that with the bad OL and you see why Jimbo was lobbying so hard this offseason for special protection for his QB. I'm sure he'd wrap Francois in bubble wrap if he could.

Just do not see the guy going a whole 'nother season before something cringe-worthy happens. When it does, it's likely going to be bad with that one. Like, Don't-Look-Kids-Don't-Look bad.

Aug 19, 2017, 5:32 PM

It sounds like the consensus is that Bama wins their game? Izzat right? I don't see any way for FSU to beat Bama, even though Bama lost a ton of players to the NFL, and FSU has their best defender back.

I hope FSU beats the socks out of Bama

Aug 19, 2017, 8:12 PM

I hope they go strait to #1 and stay there until we whip me in the Valley

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha my spell check makes me sound illiterate***

Aug 19, 2017, 8:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic