Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shadiness shenanigans at Walgreens in Mauldin, SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Shadiness shenanigans at Walgreens in Mauldin, SC

Aug 19, 2017, 12:51 PM

regarding 6 packs of Coca-Cola National Championship Bottles.

I had previously (yesterday at about noon) been told that they were getting in their order of 6 pack bottles this morning.

The same employee told me yesterday that their delivery person usually makes it to them around 9:30 AM on Saturdays. So, I got up this morning and was at this Walgreens at 8 AM, just to be safe and on top of things. I parked in the Walgreens parking lot to where I could see the entrance and also have a line of view on the back of the store's exit road, their "back dock", as that would be where the Coca-Cola truck would leave out once the delivery was made.

I immediately went into the store upon seeing the Coca-Cola/Monster truck leave the back dock exit road and was told, "Sorry, we have sold out," by the clerk who was in a dress shirt and slacks.

Now, the store was pretty dead and I had seen no one carrying a bag big enough to hold any more than one 6 pack and nobody was carrying a 6 pack loose without a bag. Sold out that quickly with me watching the door the entire time? How could this be? Thinking that I had to ask how, while mentioning that I had been hawking the store since 8 AM, and I had not seen anything that would indicate that being possible. The clerk's (More than likely a manger at some level. Judging by his attire) reponse was, "We only received one case (four 6 packs)," with a smirk.

Wow, no way they had a one case order. If that had been the scenario I doubt employees would have engaged me with the information that they were getting their shipment in today; just yesterday afternoon. No way does a store sleep on carrying this item to the degree of making the order but it being an amount so small that it was basically no order at all.

What an ordeal. Smh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh but what fun would they be if easy to get?***

Aug 19, 2017, 12:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can't believe people pester, loiter, stalk, and waste gas

Aug 19, 2017, 1:11 PM

and time on something worth about $0.89 retail. Plus was a lazy, mail-in effort by the manufacturer.

If I stumble up on one in a store I happen to be in, I'll buy one.
But I will live a very complete, full life if I never do.

Re: can't believe people pester, loiter, stalk, and waste gas

Aug 19, 2017, 1:27 PM

Your life won't be complete without a Clemson Coke bottle and you know it. How can you wake up feeling like you have everything you need when you don't? Time is ticking. Those bottles are flying off shelves and you aren't getting any younger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2017, 1:38 PM [ in reply to can't believe people pester, loiter, stalk, and waste gas ]

I am just trying to help my friends and family out who want them for keepsake; Tiger Pride and Love.

Yes, I have one for myself and did not go out of the way for that one. I did have to ask a clerk if they had gotten them in but there was no planed plot or hassle, just stopped in to het milk on the way home and they had them. It is in trying to help my friends and family to where I have been setting around and seeing the dirtiness and secretive side of things.

my take wasn't directed solely at you, I apologize if

Aug 19, 2017, 2:10 PM

you took it that way. The ridiculous tales I have read this week make me cringe somewhat. The scene at Bi-Lo in Clemson this week was beyond stupid, people getting in line at 5am for an 11am Coke delivery. A half-day off work for something worth a dollar (if those folks actually work).....insane.

I blame Coke for about 99% of it, their entire logistical approach to this thing is shameful.It's not like this is the first time they have done this - it happens somewhere every single year, actually several times if you count basketball and other sports.

I just happen to have Mondays off and

Aug 19, 2017, 3:10 PM [ in reply to can't believe people pester, loiter, stalk, and waste gas ]

nothing else to do. The saddest thing I saw was some fool stealing one out of the 6 pack. They didn't have $4.00 to just buy the thing?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2017, 8:09 AM [ in reply to can't believe people pester, loiter, stalk, and waste gas ]

You are a Cokeless ole fool that will never experience the ultimate pleasure of having that Clemson six pack in your grasp. Your life will be unfulfilled. Go forth and discover the ultimate satisfaction of the Clemson Coke!!??

Re: Shadiness shenanigans at Walgreens in Mauldin, SC

Aug 19, 2017, 12:59 PM

Sent you a PM

Aug 19, 2017, 1:14 PM

Awesome!

Sent you a reply.

Aug 19, 2017, 1:05 PM

Same for places in Greer

Aug 19, 2017, 1:14 PM

I was told by someone that was waiting, that the same thing happened at Publix in Simpsonville SC this past Tuesday AM...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe just call around like

Aug 19, 2017, 1:20 PM

I did and find a store that has stock. You may have to drive a bit but they're out there.

Or better than than that just contact T1chick

Aug 19, 2017, 2:17 PM

he has plenty of them and will gladly show his Tiger spirit by sharing...................oh, wait a minute, my bad

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Aug 19, 2017, 2:22 PM

I went to the Food lion yesterday in South Florence,
Looking around didn't see any , so I ask two managers if they would get any.
The lady said very fast NO we don't like Clemson that much.
Well I just walk off but the more I thought about it.
It kinda pissed me off, so I finished getting what I needed.
Then before I left I found her and said can you see how much I buy in here by my Foodlion card,
She said yes , I let her run my card and when she handed it back to me.
I walked out saying I don't like buying groceries from a bunch of Coots.
Will I go back prolly so because it's convenient but screw a Coot.

Update:

Aug 19, 2017, 2:28 PM

Just spoke to the same Coca-Cola delivery representative a d he said he dropped off 5 cases at the Walgreens this morning.

I knew better.

just surmising here......

Aug 19, 2017, 3:46 PM

pretend you are a Walgreens clerk. Your only possible way to score points with any chick or friend in life (since the crackdown on OTC meth-manufacturing drugs) is to be able to stash back a couple cases of the Clemson Cokes for them when they are delivered to the store. Your one chance at Instant "Bro" status.

That's what happened to ya. Some Mauldin Walgreens clerk is gettin' laid tonight. Or either gettin' a jumbo hit of meth.

Aug 19, 2017, 8:27 PM

The store doesn't "make the order". A pre-salesman form coke does that a day or two before the truck arrives. The manager may have been telling you the truth bud. The distribution warehouse may be short on them & having to ration them out to customers based on what they have. I was a pepsi man for almost 10 years & it's just like anything else. This ain't a perfect world we live in.

Aug 19, 2017, 8:48 PM

They make the order, whether it filled or not is on the distributor. I use to be a grocery manager for Ingles.

The Ingles by me (Mauldin) ordered 25 cases and the one in Moonville ordered 100.

Aug 19, 2017, 8:51 PM

Wow. Then you should know how it actually works with vendors. You saying that now makes me question all validity of your Walgreens story.

Aug 19, 2017, 9:03 PM

It happened and I knew better, while it was happening, because of my previous employment. Reread my original post and you will see that I knew better as it was happening.

Aug 19, 2017, 9:29 PM

I re-read your story & because of your "previous employment" you should have known to go into the store as the Cool-lift driver was working the shelves. Nice story but seriously dude you're really needing attention here huh?

Obviously not as much

Aug 20, 2017, 12:07 AM

attention as you need with the multiple replies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously not as much

Aug 20, 2017, 6:42 AM

Just responding to being addressed. Sorry if you're offended by reality.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic