Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's learned from playing Kent State?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,840

What's learned from playing Kent State?

Jul 29, 2017, 12:52 AM

With this year's first game being against an opponent that is no where near the talent and recruiting of Clemson, I expect a win first off. Second, Troy's coach ( last year ) in the coaching profession is an up and comer and had his team ready to knock off Clemson with some skilled players. Even the best offense took a little while to get rolling on all four cylinders as we all can remember. This year however, Kent State is not that type of opponent IMO from research, so it will give way for some things to come to fruition. Defense is just going to be too smothering for their tier of school and players for this game. We'll do what ever it takes to score the points to win. With that, Here are my guesses:

1. Rotation of QB's, Rotation of WR's and RB's for different play options. Showcase of strengths, weaknesses & decision making by QB's. While testing arm strength and accuracy, our young RB's showing what they can do now & be difference makers this season in this game would be great. Our defense will afford us that, offense to keep T/O margin low.

2. Speaking of Defense, even the big boys in and out of conference can't hang with this D-Line, and we're still more solid than any NC State team. While they "may" have a pretty good season because of their defense, we will with ours also. Just further because ours is better, even without orange tinted glasses on. National Championship Caliber Defense against a good defense ( I know about their DE's) & , we know which one wins that battle. Best D-Line in the country, Championship tested & approved.

3. With Proven RB Veterans returning, is Feaster and Travis gonna get in on some sweeps or even power runs to see what they can do. Fuller can carry a load. We may be run heavy at times IMO, which won't be a bad thing. Give some time for QB to get acclimated. This Offensive line bolsters some battle tested big men, we all know their names. Even the rising sophomores and juniors played in the Fiesta Bowl & NCG.

Going into Auburn game we will know what plays can be run by certain QB's in live game action. We all know that they have certain strengths. One has the complete package maybe not developed yet, we just don't know if maybe we have two that do, giving the benefit of the doubt. It seems it will come down to two, that's just my guess. It's a great luxury to have that many teams wish they had, may the best man win. May come with some mistakes at first, but Swinney will have the man in that can win the game. If KB is the man in the Fall, then that's great. If another is, great. We'll also give some confidence to a young WR core, time for veterans to get used to new QB's, a talented stable of RB's and of course another chance for this salty D-Line to live in the backfield of our opponents taking out QB's while the LB core stuffs the run.

My take

Message was edited by: ATech®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's learned from playing Kent State?

Jul 29, 2017, 6:38 AM

I learned that Akron and Canton are almost the same city . I think about the student shootings in the early 70's , and the subsequent anti-fascism tune by Neil Young is a really good song .
I wonder what a Golden Flash is exactly ...and where many see a walkover MAC team I see an opportunity as a non season ticket owner to gain premium seats at a greatly reduced rate .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 29, 2017, 7:11 PM

I learned "Tulsa" spelled backwards is "A Slut".

Clemson's offense is a four cylinder?***

Jul 29, 2017, 7:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Clemson's offense is a four cylinder?***

Jul 29, 2017, 12:31 PM

Now that you mention it, more like..

Offense is WFO***

Jul 29, 2017, 5:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 29, 2017, 7:36 AM

You lost me at 4 cylinders, bro......think italian, think Ferrari, think V12. That's what our offense was last year.

It will be a dry run for parking practice.***

Jul 29, 2017, 7:44 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

There you go. The ONLY thing I think we can learn, is if

Jul 29, 2017, 9:01 AM

Kelly WON"T be the QB. If he has a great game, I will be happy, but we won't know for sure until the next week. Now, if we can't move the ball, or we sputter, the coaches will have to determine if it was due to Kelly, or just all the new parts learning to mesh....

Re: There you go

Jul 29, 2017, 3:17 PM

That will be the biggest thing learned, no doubt. It will give an opportunity for skilled offensive position players to mesh with KB. Determining how well KB does in that game, we may see how other QB's work in stride with this offense as well.

Message was edited by: ATech®

Re: It will be a dry run for parking practice.***

Jul 29, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to It will be a dry run for parking practice.*** ]

And the wittiest POTD award goes to 94. Lol dude

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Starting Quarterback will be found in fall ball**

Jul 29, 2017, 11:46 AM

First game will put his stamp on the team or next guy up will take the reins --- no way we use much of the playbook on Kent State,with Auburn coming to town,the next week -- pros have pre-season to shape a team & cut rosters -- we have Kent State**

Jul 29, 2017, 12:22 PM

This will be a football game, not a spring or fall scrimmage. Time to hone what the coaches have determined to be the best version of Clemson 2017 to prepare for the tough ACC games. Hope this will be an all out, push to win four quarters game. If 120-0, so be it. Play to win big like Clemson's Heisman teams.

Yep. It's a Practice Game. It's whatever coaches want it 2B***

Jul 29, 2017, 3:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 5:33 PM

Money game only!

Jul 29, 2017, 5:35 PM

It's a game that there are no win win situations. If we don't win by at least 40, we question how good our offense is. If we run up the score, the media accuses us of piling on. I'd rather play a good team.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,840
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic