Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
East end zone stadium expansion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

East end zone stadium expansion

Jul 28, 2017, 11:30 PM

Davi hinted at this during an interview I read earlier in the year. How do you guys think they'll accomplish this without disrupting the hill or making it look weird.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: East end zone stadium expansion

Jul 28, 2017, 11:41 PM

I don't think there is a need to nor do I want it. I think Death Valley is perfect as currently set. If they were to enclose the east side, you would either have to remove/change the scoreboard and/or block the view of the buses. No thanks.

I understand your point, but the part of the mystique of the

Jul 28, 2017, 11:44 PM

buses arriving is that you can just see a hint of them rounding the corner. They have never been in full view from inside the stadium and that, in my opinion, is what makes that part of the entrance special. And that goes way back for me. My first game was as a little kid in 1971.

Re: I understand your point, but the part of the mystique of the

Jul 29, 2017, 5:37 AM

I would think that there is already a plan in place , if not proposals .
What we don't need is additional seating . Perhaps the university could add some sort of structure there that would not interfere too much with the view of campus .
I think we are going bigger with the video board regardless of otherwise expansions , and I think that would be a good thing . Double that sucker ..adds punch and it's another selling point to recruits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 4, 2017, 8:01 PM

going bigger makes perfect sense, as long as you can fill the stadium...or close.

Jul 29, 2017, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I understand your point, but the part of the mystique of the ]

You must be young. The buses was in full view at one time but why would you be in favor of blocking them all together?

I wish I was young. I am not in favor of blocking them

Aug 4, 2017, 7:56 PM

completely. I just always remember being able to catch glimpses of the top half or tops of the buses as they approached.

Jul 28, 2017, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Re: East end zone stadium expansion ]

This is a narrow view of the future and what it will take to keep pace. The wheels are already turning on what to do. You won't see qnything happen to the hill and tbe only way you see the busses now is on the video board.

Ahhhh, the video board. It will probably get obnoxiously enlsrged and that will be a good thing. More ad revenue opportunities plus players will look like jolly orange giants on the screen.

As far as a structure I think it will not a huge increase in seating but will be a premium space that will add more dinero. Video board on top of the new building or the front facade if big ebough. Gotta go big on the new board. I also think it would be great to have rental opportunities for business meetings, conferences, etc thus generating more revenue also.

Tradition will be preserved on Dabos watch we know but I also know hes not gonna stand still without trying to uncover every rock to find advantage.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of what you project sounds great except I don't ever

Jul 29, 2017, 12:01 AM

want to see billboard signs like at a high school baseball field. I don't ever want that kind of signage.

Re: All of what you project sounds great except I don't ever

Jul 29, 2017, 12:52 AM

Uhhhh....no. The digital signage like they have now .

I think one of the main concerns of many is they do not want

Jul 29, 2017, 1:06 AM

to block the view of campus, including Tillman Hall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo mentioned this back in May...

Jul 29, 2017, 7:33 AM

as something he'd like to see being considered at some point down the road. However, at this stage, to my knowledge at least, there are no such plans currently on the books.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Dabo mentioned this back in May...

Jul 29, 2017, 7:37 AM

Why not a SRO walkway, or such? Autzen has that...probably other programs, too. Nothing like WB or Sanford, though...please.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo mentioned this back in May...

Aug 4, 2017, 8:34 PM

Some type of structure that houses a Waffle House or Krispy Cream! Yeah

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2017, 7:43 AM

I'm picturing it with a helicopter landing pad so our bag man can fly the recruits straight in for visits.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 29, 2017, 7:45 AM

Thats at the new Newspring campus....

Hope they have multiple options and a charette.

Jul 29, 2017, 10:14 AM

If not - we'll have a space and logistical nightmare for 7 days a year. Williamson Road is a major artery to and through campus, and The Scroll of Honor Memorial Park in now an historical landmark to what makes Clemson - CLEMSON.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Hope they have multiple options and a charette.

Jul 29, 2017, 11:31 AM

Heck I remember when the team walked to the hill from the Fike Field House!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Towers

Jul 29, 2017, 12:43 PM

I am picturing 1 or 2 towers connected via walkways to the stands and possibly over to the street that comes down the hill from the Calhoun. Dabo will not allow us to stand still. There are towers like that at UT-Austin. I can see some limited office soace but more likely meeting and gathering space, a student alcohol space and maybe a few luxury hotel suites. And possibly a family area with a kidzone.Got to think big. Personally I am fine without ANY of that but I see it coming.

Maybe that would be a good place for trophy display hall. It

Aug 4, 2017, 7:54 PM

would keep that foot traffic away from the football operations facility. I like the idea of towers.

Aug 4, 2017, 8:00 PM

Really, really...

there are WAYYY too many things they could do to mention, easy...without
losing the hill.

Aug 4, 2017, 8:18 PM

Personally leave that end alone outside of seating in some, but not all, of section GG. We do not fill DV for every home game as it is. Wiiliamson Road does not need to be blocked off or eliminated to expand DV. A bigger video board also has zero appeal beyond what we have already. This is merely one opinion, but bigger is not always better, especially if it lessens critical campus traditions.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic