Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We'll likely have a tough time running the ball 1st few gms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

We'll likely have a tough time running the ball 1st few gms

Jul 28, 2017, 7:39 AM

Every D-Coordinator in the nation is going to stack the box with 8 and 9 man fronts when they play us until we prove our QB can make throws down the field. I know I would. I'd expect our OL to be about the same or maybe a little better than last year, but I definitely don't think we have the kind of OL that is dominant enough to run the ball successfully when teams are geared to stop it. This is why the best throwing QB out of Bryant, Cooper, and Johnson should and will likely get the start despite all the wonderful things we know Kelly can do with his legs. We'll probably counter with a lot of runs out of 4 WRs (or 3 WRs with the TE also split wide) sets so things aren't so congested.

Also on 3rd down most teams will likely play tight coverage to take away the short throws and blitz heavily to confuse our inexperience QB. It should be pretty predictable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great glass half-empty analysis.****

Jul 28, 2017, 7:55 AM

He's right though. An offense that can't throw will be easy

Jul 28, 2017, 8:14 AM

to defend. It might be a half full outlook but a passing game fills the glass.

Not if it is freaking awesome.***

Jul 28, 2017, 8:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: He's right though. An offense that can't throw will be easy

Jul 28, 2017, 8:59 AM [ in reply to He's right though. An offense that can't throw will be easy ]

Alabama can't throw , they're usually fairly good .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

But Alabama can RUN

Jul 28, 2017, 9:32 AM

That first play though

https://youtu.be/PFiKBCtPFJY

Re: But Alabama can RUN

Jul 28, 2017, 10:28 AM

It would be great if we had a 220-225 pound RB that had great vision, good feet, and balance. Those type of backs will get on average 5, 10 yards a snap with a QB that can make those short passes with accuracy. They don't need blazing speed or trick plays that just take to much time to develop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can throw it well enough.***

Jul 28, 2017, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: He's right though. An offense that can't throw will be easy ]

Re: He's right though. An offense that can't throw will be easy

Jul 28, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to He's right though. An offense that can't throw will be easy ]

Maybe

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: We'll likely have a tough time running the ball 1st few gms

Jul 28, 2017, 8:05 AM

Yeah, I'm not so sure you make it that easy for Bryant to prove he can pass.

Too many targets, wide open at that point.

Our coaching staff has already proven to exploit what other teams give us.

Rob Spence isn't calling playsor even Chad Morris for that matter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 8:22 AM

> Rob Spence isn't calling plays or even Chad Morris for
> that matter.

No Spence? Does that mean no more bubble screens?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can put 12 in the box..Won't stop me

Jul 28, 2017, 8:09 AM

From running to my seat...

Obesity is my opponent. ..and soda...curse you soda and your delicious, refreshing carbonation. .. #### succubus.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: They can put 12 in the box..Won't stop me

Jul 28, 2017, 8:22 AM

That's horse crap. A change in quarterback does not spell doom and gloom. No way can you put 8-9 in the box when you run Cain, mccloud, renfrow and Higgins out wide, then put feaster in motion. Not even remotely possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on

Jul 28, 2017, 8:35 AM

https://goo.gl/images/nWgqeh

Jul 28, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to They can put 12 in the box..Won't stop me ]

So many people know so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to They can put 12 in the box..Won't stop me ]

So many people know so much.

Jul 28, 2017, 8:42 AM

8-9 in the box spells Feaster on A wide sweep they can only back pedal so fast, as well as opening up our WRs to burn one on one coverage each of our QBs are Extremely good. Pitting them against each other isnt choosing who is #### Trickle and who's Dale Earnhardt, its more of who's Earnhardt who's Petty and Who's Gordon. They can all be superstars

Sounds pretty pessimistic

Jul 28, 2017, 9:18 AM

Because there's no way Clemson will ever be able to field a QB that can throw the ball downfield. Uh oh, we've turned onto Florida...not.

Fortunately, Having the defensive personnel good enough to impose their will on Clemson is something most teams won't be able to do. Kent State isn't even in the conversation.

Does any rational Clemson fan really think that any of our QB options this year are going to be as bad as what we had with Cole Stoudt?

We hired Brandon Streeter as QB coach and Elliot/Scott to OC's before the Bowl Game with Oklahoma and Cole Stoudt went out looking like a Heisman candidate with a 40-6 bludgeoning of Oklahoma. We still have the same coaches, but several more talented options at QB than we did with Cole Stoudt.

No matter who we play at QB against Kent State or Auburn we should be able to run / pass effectively enough to win, especially Kent State.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on man***

Jul 28, 2017, 11:21 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 9:22 AM

In a sense its true, but at the same time. Any D coord would be a fool to just leave Cain, RayRay and Renfrow in one on one coverage all day. IDC who the QB is, just throwing it up to Cain or quick slants would eat a D alive in a stacked box scenario. Our WR's will still demand respect to allow that to happen completely.

So our WRs will be running free.

Jul 28, 2017, 9:23 AM

Okay. Good.

^^^^^^this

Jul 28, 2017, 1:09 PM

Open Wr's are easier to throw to. Once they back off,KB2, Fuller and Feaster will run like mad.

Add in Choice and the new freshman RB and it'll be better than Thunder and Lightning,there was no running QB in that backfield.

Jul 28, 2017, 9:29 AM

They'll do that one time and we'll see how far a qb of ours can throw it as Cain blows the top off that defense

Had a lot of trouble last year in the first few games.

Jul 28, 2017, 9:36 AM

Plus, Pitt smacked us around upfront. DW threw 70s times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 10:04 AM

Yeah or OCs will have to get creative and if teams stack the box.
Hopefully the speed of Bryant and feaster will make them play.
A couple of little jet sweeps to the house will spread a D out.

Jul 28, 2017, 10:19 AM

Spoken like a true engineer. Think they know everything! We have great football coaches so please stop demeaning their abilities with your baseless drivel. Every game I sit in front of you or one of your brethren screaming your insults and criticisms at our coaches. Beware. One day I'm just gonna punch your lights out to the delight of every other fan within earshot of you. Rant over.

Jul 28, 2017, 11:50 AM

This comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IfWXjRLCDc

Jul 28, 2017, 1:03 PM

I will take Cain, Renfrow, & Ray Ray against man all day... I exepect to see alot of Feaster slipping to the flat as well, he will be very dangerous out there.

If they crowd the line of srimmage,

Jul 28, 2017, 1:06 PM

it'll be easier for KB2 to prove he can throw the ball.Open WR's are easier to throw to.

Couple of deep balls from Bryant to Cain, Renfrow and Tee Higgins should stop that right away.***

Jul 28, 2017, 1:23 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Pepperidge Farm remembers ...

Jul 28, 2017, 5:36 PM

how our OCs and QB coach made Cole Stoudt look pretty darn good with time to prepare. I suspect they'll have a QB ready.

Jul 28, 2017, 7:28 PM

Assume getting team in the passing groove would be job one in the Kent State game. Lot of opportunity for coaching and evaluation in prep for the big games to follow. Will have to win that one first though.

Jul 28, 2017, 8:12 PM

Who said we can't throw the ball? Let them stack the box. Some people forget just how dominate we will be in the trenches this year. We will be fine.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic