Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock Journalism laugh of the day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Gamecock Journalism laugh of the day

Jul 27, 2017, 6:47 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/spur-of-the-moment-best-case-scenario-for-the-gamecocks/article_a7d0c92a-7170-11e7-8f21-074902ddd544.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll be lucky to be 4-4

Jul 27, 2017, 6:51 PM

and finish 5-7.

Re: Gamecock Journalism laugh of the day

Jul 27, 2017, 7:12 PM

The most I can see if a couple teams lay down for them is 4-8. It's not getting easier for Boom anytime soon except for picking up his check and looking over his contract to make sure he gets paid if they fire him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 27, 2017, 10:58 PM

Haha he was gong best case but also see them gong 3-5 into Athens, I def can see this way more than i can see a 8-0? Bently for what his stats say the were against horrible defenses and one decent team in Tennessee but their defense wasn't very good. Played UF with a prettt good D and didn't perform of course we all know the absolute beatimg he took against a great defense in Clemson haha. I think their offense will be improved and but be the same more or less with most scoring and yards coming against not that good of defenses. Uscjr defense is horrible and can't stop anyone and other than zack bailey that oline is horrible nc st dline is going to eat them up all game I can see 6-10 sacks and that's a lot for one game lol I see another 6-6 maybe 7-6 year at best.

I've said it before and I will say it again....

Jul 27, 2017, 7:30 PM

I will bet any of those deluded goobers ANY AMOUNT they're willing to lose that $CU does not win eight games in 2017.

Still no takers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 27, 2017, 7:31 PM

There is just not enough whip cream for that pile of $hit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jul 27, 2017, 8:06 PM

NC state will take Usuck to the woodshed (period).

I hate both fan bases but I'm clearly biased/ basing this all on statistical fact that the Chickens are gonna coot the bed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't give the little children too hard a time.

Jul 27, 2017, 8:20 PM

The off-season is all the really have these days.

Let 'em dream.

Reality sets in very soon.

Jul 27, 2017, 9:40 PM

and I quote, "the first two-thirds of the schedule offer a real opportunity for South Carolina to stockpile victories before that rugged closing stretch"
"Stockpile victories" - silly chicken!

Jul 27, 2017, 10:59 PM

Best case: NCST (loss), Missouri (win), UK (win), La. Tech (win), Texas A&M (loss), Ark., (loss), Vandy (win), Wofford (win) and then lose everything else purely on talent shortages. Five and seven likely, luckily six and six with an upset, but the length of the season will catch up with a team lacking depth.

Worst case: beat La. Tech, Vandy and Wofford and finish three and nine. Coach Boom would then be "bye bye."

Go Tigers!

"Between the hedges"? They play all their home games in Athens??

Jul 28, 2017, 1:02 AM

Oh, right. Just another "tradition" they stole from somewhere else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I love the quote, "This schedule is tougher than the last"

Jul 28, 2017, 7:03 AM

That is bull. The only reason the writer says that is because the Cluckers now admit that Mizzou, Vandy, Ky, and Arkansas are tough games. Folks, that is the their true competition. Those are their toss-up games - if they are lucky. If they go 50-50 in these games, then they are looking at a losing season.

So much for dreaming of an 8-0 start. Have you ever considered the brain of a chicken? This must be the sort of stuff a chicken thinks about.

Re: I love the quote, "This schedule is tougher than the last"

Jul 28, 2017, 7:09 AM

I love it how the coots year in and year out make the preseason claim that Kentucky is a win, yet, rarely ever is. Missouri brings back 10 starters on offense and Vandy will build on their late season win over UT and over UGA. 4-8 is my prediction, and that's if they don't crap the bed against LT and Wofford.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a dream, just a dream.....

Jul 28, 2017, 7:19 AM

...............all their hopes and all their schemes.

It's good for the Gamecock fans to have sweet dreams in this, the talking season. Their nightmares will start soon enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he is right about one thing...

Jul 28, 2017, 9:08 AM

being undefeated is an "absolute best-case scenario" for any team. Now let's look at a REALISTIC scenario for his team. NC State: decent offense, great defense, vs a team with decent offense, NO defense, LOSS! Missouri is a bad team, probable win. Kentucky is a pretty good team and has their number, LOSS! La Tech is a toss-up. Texas A+M a win for the Coots???? I cannot understand the reasoning by this fool on this game at all! A more-talented team with a coach on the hot-seat is going to lie down for you??? BS! LOSS! Arkansas? West teams don't lose to East teams in the SEC, LOSS! Vanderbilt, better coached and better defense, LOSS! Tennessee! C'mon man, eventually all that talent is going to overcome that clown college of coaches and win some of the games they are supposed to.LOSS!

Jul 28, 2017, 9:23 AM

How can anyone with two eyes and a brain claim that the SEC, and the SEC East division specifically, is a tough conference to win in?

"The Wolfpack may well be USC’s toughest opponent before Georgia." By that time we will have faced Auburn, Louisville, and Virginia Tech, who will all be ranked, as well as Georgia Tech who gives everyone fits.

If South Carolina has as much talent as their fanbase thinks they have then 8-0 at that point is totally reasonable, but it will probably be more like 4-4 or 5-3 at that point.

"Between The Hedges"?

Jul 28, 2017, 11:31 AM

Seriously?
Seems their only shining success is to rip off other teams slogans.

Outstanding comment in response!

Jul 28, 2017, 11:38 AM

& very appropriate.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2017, 11:57 AM

I have never understood this method of reasoning in an attempt to add credence to your predictive analysis.

"And it would take pulling an upset in the opener in Charlotte, something a much, much worse South Carolina squad still managed in its last trip to the Queen City."

Because the players and coaches on both teams haven't completely changed since 2009?

You see college fans do it all the time."We're gonna kick your butts again, just like we did in 1947."

The coots like to waive their 5-Peat accomplishment in our face as their only glowing feat in the past 50 years, yet when you remind them of our SEVEN-IN-A-ROW against them the response is always the same, "that was ancient history."

I hope we win this year and the next four after that, so they can go back to obscurity with their heads hung low again, knowing without a doubt who truly represents college football in South Carolina.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic