Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad?

Jul 27, 2017, 5:20 PM

According to 105.5 this AM with Paul Strelow. Apparently USuCk's waiting for approval for the new position. Sneaky bastages.

Also, according to him, it didn't sound like we're leading with some of the other top targets like Carmen and Salyer. Said things have cooled somewhat since the AIC and no shows.

I can't be happier with the guys we have committed. As a matter of fact, the caliber players were recruiting can make an IMMEDIATE impact (Dexter and Christian)...some of them don't take a year or two to develop. So if we miss on a few here and there, I certainly won't panic...we'll have another shot at top targets next year. I was just feeling greeting and stingy and want to take ALL the top prospects!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad?

Jul 27, 2017, 5:34 PM

The problem is that we didn't have a lot of spots to fill and now we're beginning to strike out badly on the ones we have left. We may end up taking a few guys we weren't high on and that shouldn't be the case 8 months after winning a national title.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 5:35 PM

I agree.

Jul 27, 2017, 5:37 PM

So...you're saying it will be 34 years before Clemson returns to a Natty, huh? The sky is garnet in the morning and evenings...and Carolina blue all day long.

Wal-Mart have tissues on sale...stock up.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

I disagree. I think our recruiting has been exceptional and with the few spots we have left we will still land some huge fish.

We won a national championship with worse ranked players

Jul 27, 2017, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

Almost everybody we are getting now is ranked higher than we had been getting. Quit worrying. "The best is yet to come". Even if we only get our second choice, he will likely be an upgrade in most positions.

Snowflake Basher........Out

+1 to Gtriple for trying to talk some sense

Jul 27, 2017, 7:26 PM

Where have you guys been the last few years? We are now recruiting at a higher level than ever. You can't get everybody. Not even Alabama gets everybody they want. When our staff has missed on guys, had decommitments late in the process or even unexpected departures to the NFL they have come through with the players we need. We did not need a single #1 class to beat the multiple #1 classes that Bama had. You guys are going to sit here and act like the sky is falling because we missed out on some guys. You either haven't paid attention to this staff over the years or you're not a Clemson fan that's just trying to troll this board.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: +1 to Gtriple for trying to talk some sense

Jul 27, 2017, 8:48 PM

Players like K'Von Wallace should give people hope. Last second recruit no one on this board was thinking about throughout the year who played some quality minutes a true freshman for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Don't fret.

Go Tigers!

Coot and a downer agreeing. No problem.***

Jul 28, 2017, 12:03 AM [ in reply to +1 to Gtriple for trying to talk some sense ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

I expected a little more with a national title in the hand. Not getting Carman,Salyer,Ross,or Henry would be a big disappointment.

Jul 27, 2017, 6:14 PM

Well prepare to be disappointed. We will not see the fruits of a Natty for another 1 or 2
recruiting cycles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 6:43 PM

Losing all four would be a huge disappointment. There is no reason that we are not seen as equals to Ohio State or and underachieving Georgia program.

WE'RE TOTALLY SEEING SOME FRUIT FROM NATTY

Jul 27, 2017, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

Au contraire mon frere - We are totally getting some positive upswings and benefits from the Natty. I would say if we have a strong September then we should be in a good place to earn a few more highly ranked players. But we won't have to wait 1-2 more recruiting cycles

XT I think is a direct relation to our win. (T. Lawrence was a silent commit since he came to a game (think Louisville? I have it saved somewhere))

Both of the QBs we have committed are direct relations to our appearances in both of the Nattys.

Jul 27, 2017, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

Disagree. With XT and TL we have an exceptional class even if we do not get anyone else...but we will get more top 25 talent.

Jul 28, 2017, 5:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

Keep the faith my man. I believe in Dabo and his staff. We thought the kid from Ole Miss was a defensive killer. Now look where Ole Miss is and where we are as programs.

And I believe the best is yet to come at Clemson!

Everybody needs to stay positive and not panic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

Jul 27, 2017, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

How is not showing up for the cookout mean we have lost on Carmen and Saylor? I highly doubt a cookout is going to be what makes the mind up of a recruit. The recruits that do commit at those type of events most likely either have their mind made up to commit during the event, or was already leaning heavily towards us and decides to go ahead and get the commitment out of the way.

With the way we are recruiting, if we miss out on a 4 or 5 star we pick up another 4 or 5 star. Remember Tony Steward and Stephone Anthony, both 5 star players, weren't committed to us until they announced there letter of intent on signing day.

correction, before the event***

Jul 27, 2017, 6:29 PM

Re: The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

Jul 27, 2017, 7:29 PM [ in reply to The sky is falling, the sky is falling... ]

Thank you Tigerking +1

The sky? No I think it was just some chicken s...

Jul 27, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to The sky is falling, the sky is falling... ]

We okay.

Jul 27, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

Have u looked at our recruits moron

So what difference does that make?

Jul 27, 2017, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

Our fall-back guys for this year would have been instant takes 4-5 years ago. We are recruiting at the highest level now. This is what happens. We will be fine

Re: So what difference does that make?

Jul 27, 2017, 10:30 PM

??? This...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2017, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

I really think we will finish strong. Kj s announcing in 4 days and I don't even think uscjr is in his choices. We haven't really striked out on many recruits, Monday I think could count bc I think staff thought we had him. But other than that or priority top board guys still have us very much in the running. Carmen just listed a top 5 today of us o310 st fsu USC (real one) and wisky. He said he has a great relationship with Caldwell and clemson is very much in it for him, he said wants competitive atmosphere and pretty much family environment, I think if we get him to OV to a big game and show him DV I think we can land
Him no doubt I trust our staff to get it done if possible. Also slayer I think we also are in great standing with UGA will prob get Hill but they don't have room for them both I don't think so I think we land slayer just a gut feeling I got. Campbell who is top 10 overall player in many services came consensus #2 cb in Country came to All IN Cookout and had great time I think that really helped us with him, he is the guy we need to pay attention too he's a stud and we are high on his list, think we get him or cooks(had death in family or he would have been at AIC). So don't go in panic mode yet we are going to land a good portion of our top remaining guys we won't get them all I think we don't get Hill and Ross I think it's 60/40 with him.

Jul 27, 2017, 5:40 PM

I'm pretty sure you can't hire a parent for 2 years before enrollment or 2 years after enrollment

Jul 27, 2017, 6:15 PM

Same ole coots with the same ole negative crap. Henry isn't going to the coots as much as you want him to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes you can if they are an actual on-field coach.

Jul 27, 2017, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

The rule is there to stop the bogus "athletic dept" jobs that are created.

Henry will be a ####, unfortunaely.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

He will have nothing to show for it like all b4 him

Jul 27, 2017, 7:01 PM

If he ends up at sc. Going there is biggest mistake a kid can make. They have always been irrelevant, always will be and their former players have no connection to the place. Wasted opportunity

Re: He will have nothing to show for it like all b4 him

Jul 27, 2017, 7:33 PM

I want Henry at Clemson as much as the next guy, and I agree that he won't get the development or exposure in Columbia that he would get at Clemson, but securing a job for his dad coaching on the field automatically voids the decision from being the "biggest mistake."

If I had the ability to hook my pops up like that, I probably would too. Bottom line is if this happens, we were just extremely unfortunate with Henry and Adams in this recruiting cycle. Both are going to be incredibly good and both would have been Tigers any other year.

Re: He will have nothing to show for it like all b4 him

Jul 27, 2017, 8:03 PM

It is keeps him from becoming an NFL player it could very well be the biggest mistake of his life. Pops won't need a job if he leaves Clemson as a first round pick.

If you haven't been paying attention our DL has been drafted high and pretty successful in the NFL. He would certainly benefit from having XT on the other side pushing victims his way.

Re: Yes you can if they are an actual on-field coach.

Jul 27, 2017, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Yes you can if they are an actual on-field coach. ]

Didn't know that. I thought they couldn't do it period but I never read the rule. Still another lowlife maneuver by SC knowing full well that they would never hire the guy if his son wasn't a 5* DE.

That's true, but I heard rumor that he worked one of Muschamp's

Jul 27, 2017, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Yes you can if they are an actual on-field coach. ]

camps. Wouldn't that make him ineligible to attend so. carolina under the new rule?

Yep***

Jul 27, 2017, 6:23 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 27, 2017, 7:15 PM

Yeah I think Carman is gonna be Ohio State, and Hill Georgia. I think we still have a solid shot at Salyer, though.

If the chickens hire Henry's dad, and KJ follows him, then I would love to make a push for Azeez Ojulari...

Jul 27, 2017, 7:30 PM

Man y'all buy this chicken crap like it's true lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that happens...

Jul 27, 2017, 7:33 PM

Henry and his Dad will both be looking for another school in two or three years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't believe it. No real father would do that to his kid

Jul 27, 2017, 7:48 PM

If you have a chance to play for Clemson you take it. Same with academics, nobody get accepted to both schools and goes to south carolina unless it is a financial decision or a hand full of majors that Clemson does not offer.

Jul 27, 2017, 8:27 PM

First off Paul Strelow said no such thing this morning. Mickey had asked him because some Clemson fans seen it on a Gamecock fan boy board. Paul said he hasn't heard that nor was there any evidence out there that he has heard of that happening. Prime example of someone hearing a partial conversation or taking the conversation out of context. Paul explained most schools aren't going to hire a parent just to get one kid one year. He said it isn't unheard of but rare and he has heard nor seen anything that leads him to believe Henry's dad is going to South Carolina.

Jul 27, 2017, 3:04 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, Aidan.

To be honest, I was about to tip my cap to the chickens for once. It's actually kind of smart for them, because it's not like it matters which coach they hire, they will still be irrelevant.

Jul 27, 2017, 9:07 PM

I just don't see KJ to the Coots, and I mean that objectively. It just doesn't make sense for him as a long term decision in any way at all. Clemson, Bama, Va Tech.

Are there any credible/confirmed reports that any of this with his dad is true?

Jul 27, 2017, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

very true aiden. amazing what people hear. some of the wimmems on this site need to get a dog.

Jul 27, 2017, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

Just listened to the whole thing myself. I posted based off what a friend told me this AM. He was so close to being right lol.

He did say he'd heard no evidence of it but that it certainly was possible. He has 20+ years of coaching experience and if a new coaching position on defense opens in December, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Sorry peeps and sorry to Mr Strelow...perhaps I'll pose my post as a question nexttime.

Unless Chump is a complete fool,

Jul 28, 2017, 2:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Muscoot trying to hire KJ Henry's dad? ]

his tenth assistant is already on staff as an analyst. Prob Ellis Johnson.

Jul 27, 2017, 9:16 PM

I listened and didn't hear that at all Herny will be here. He wouldn't want his dad to be a loser. While Clemson is curd stomping his a as be real

Jul 27, 2017, 10:25 PM

> I listened and didn't hear that at all Herny will be
> here. He wouldn't want his dad to be a loser. While
> Clemson is curd stomping his a as be real

Is that how cream cheese is made?

Jul 27, 2017, 9:24 PM

You are a liar. Paul never said that

Jul 27, 2017, 9:46 PM

tiger tall may just have some feathers

Good lawd people...

Jul 27, 2017, 11:10 PM

That time of month?

And to be labeled a coot of all things...have you lost your #### mind!?

Admittedly my post is apparently inaccurate, but I think Aiden cleared that up. You people sound like the finger pointers at the Salem Witch Trials....WITCH...LIAR......WIIIIIITCH!

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic