Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Simp-L-Shade trailer hitch patio umbrella mount
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 3,004

Simp-L-Shade trailer hitch patio umbrella mount

Jul 25, 2017, 9:49 AM

I'm considering one of these for tailgating. I am also looking at a Balichun 9' (8' flat to flat) orange tiltable patio umbrella. When my Ford Ranger tailgate is down, the umbrella will overhang the tailgate about 2'. The trailer hitch adapter allows 3 tilt angle settings forward or aft. It should be a cinch for 1-person deploy/stow, and the hitch adapter tilt and umbrella tilt should help as the sun angle changes...keeping adjacent tailgaters and traffic in mind. During the game, I can drop it and strap it closed. Any comments?

http://simplshade.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: Simp-L-Shade trailer hitch patio umbrella mount

Jul 25, 2017, 10:01 AM

I know people who have used them and the only complaint is that they are not big enough. The side of the umbrella also do not hang down far enough for extra shade. You have to remember in the fall the sun is lower in the sky and it requires more coverage. Just my 2 cents worth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Simp-L-Shade trailer hitch patio umbrella mount

Jul 25, 2017, 11:06 AM

If my truck was facing a west afternoon sun, I think I could tilt the hitch forward (over the cargo bay), and the umbrella down, and be in the shade. At that point, the umbrella won't even be overhead!

You can get a canopy tent for like $50 and cover 2x the ground

Jul 25, 2017, 10:10 AM

Is the set up too much hassle?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: You can get a canopy tent for like $50 and cover 2x the ground

Jul 25, 2017, 11:00 AM

Assuming a 9' (tip-to-tip) umbrella and a 9' square canopy, the umbrella is 70% of the square footage of the square canopy. Also, IF you can get a 9' square canopy for $50, it probably won't last long. If my truck was facing a west afternoon sun, I could tilt the hitch forward (over the cargo bay), and the umbrella down, and be in the shade. At that point, the umbrella won't even be overhead! Once mounted (trailer hitch in receiver, umbrella in hitch adapter, open umbrella), you don't have the four corner poles in the way, nor do you have to use stakes or guide wires. Also, the patio umbrella can be used on my patio!

Replies: 4
| visibility 3,004
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic